Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, March 10, 2006

Well I can't have a big 21st bash

I'm getting a new laptop instead so *shrugs* laptop wins out.
So it'll just be an intimate PLC-ers dinner *sigh*. Ah well, I'll be needing the laptop for Hons work anyway and it is quite expensive a large, huge party... would cost more than the laptop. Much more. Much, much more. Ooooh, maybe I'll get all of you guys to come to Btown for pizza then have Leb sweets for dessert. No, no I'd rather something else.

I've bought 3 tix to Danny Bhoy on Saturday 25th March at Enmore Theatre. That is your 20th brithday present Cat so too bad, no books, no cd vouchers, no jobs... So, shall I meet you guys at your house and drive there or shall we have dinner first or what? Starts at 2000.

So today I went to Liverpool, to buy the tix and buy some clothes. I needed a business-like skirt I could wear to the networking dinner. And something on top. Also got 2 casual dresses that I can wear in autumn. Yays!

*sigh* I really feel like a housewife and I'm hating, hating, hating it. I've cooked dinner all week, I've vacuumed, done the laundry and my brother comes home and complains that I should do the ironing. "**** off, I'm not doing the ****ing ironing." I really, really, really hate the ironing. He has absolutely no excuse not to do it, only that he's a lazy little git. And it's not like I have nothing to do, I've got bloody research and lit reviews to do.

Anyways, pasta bolognese tonight coz 'I cook, you clean' deal. Actually I don't mind the cooking, hell I love the cooking, I hate the cleaning up. I really don't like it when people don't do their share. You know, I don't think I could ever, ever, ever be a hausfrau, I'd rather shoot myself in the foot. Preferably not the bone though, I still love to dance.

Current background noise: air conditioner, my brother watching season 5 of Scrubs on his computer
Current craving: water
Concurrent webpage: I fixed up the date and time on zee post on Spampage. ;)

Recent purchases:
- 1 dress from Tree of life - casual and pretty
- 1 dress - more so business-like
- 1 green formal-ish top
- 1 business black skirt - I really don't like the idea of networking, I know it has to be done in research and all and I am attending them as a research assistant but it seems so uppidy-doo-dah with a pineapple shoved up your butt. I feel like I should've joined the Ex-Students Union.

4 witty remarks:

  • At 01:38, Blogger Catie said…

    season 5 of scrubs! *drools in envy*

    sylvia is also hooked on scrubs now, yay for that! me likey scrubs :)

     
  • At 04:27, Blogger Alicia said…

    Great Southern Land - Icehouse

    *wooohooo!!*

    I hear the sound, of the strangers voices, see their hungry eyes, their hungry eyes...

    Oooohh I get an easter treat from Pun!! (Thanks Pun for the giveaway Aussie rock song! :D )

     
  • At 13:04, Blogger Minerva said…

    Damn, I forgot that you had 90 stars. Dammit.

     
  • At 23:25, Blogger Catie said…

    haha! *points and laughs at pun*

    and congratulations to leach! yay for 100 stars!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home