Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tonight was lots of fun! Sorry I couldn't make it to your engagement Alex :(

But tonight was a huge amount of fun! Still, I really, really would've liked to make it to you and Alan's engagement *kow-towing* but we left at 1740 and I wouldn't have made it home :(
How was the engagement party though? I hope you like the presents!! :D

Okay, very last minute birthday present, I swear, have I ended up buying presents for all the recent ones? My bank account has severely decreased this summer...
Okay so for fashionistas and such, Mish's 21st was a 20s theme cruise, very nice at San Souci, we arrived early and saw a bunch of others go off on another cruise for a birthday. Oh yes fashionistas, I wore a black shortish dress, same as what I wore to Gershwin but black ;), black thigh high fishnets (with a suspender belt, yes much more wise, yes), a 4m strand of pearls, a black fascinator which I bought in Btown (more low key), gold bolero and my beloved black dancing shoes.
The birthday girl looked beautiful in a pink dress with a brownish fur. People went to a lotta effort for this, which was surprising, I mean some people went and hired costumes (including a BB gun), others searched their parents' wardrobes... and others bought suits! Meanwhile I did that too, but really buying dress that could be worn again, and baby I love those fishnets, I am so sticking to thigh highs now, full length are now going to be removed permanently from my wardrobe.
For foodies, there were roast potatoes, pumpkin, broccoli, carrots, gravy and roast beef and ham, Greek salad, garden salad and sliced tomatoes. And of course birthday cake which was a 3 layer sponge, cream and fruit. Unfortunately there was pear in it so I didn't have any :( Ah well, I guess that means I have to get a Mousse Van Gogh or something else instead for my bday. Also full tab so I had 2 G&Ts and of course, a very sweet Jacob's Creek 2004 Shiraz Mat Grenache and champers of course. So all in all, I feeel... happy ;)
So it was a cruise along Georges River and it was wonderful, night breeze was cool and it wasn't boiling hot nor very cool, it was very nice, got to chat a lot more and that was good, getting to know people more :) which I miss really.

Now I had so much fun tonight, I feel like organising a big 21st party... but I don't put much emphasis on 21sts, coz I don't find them very important to me personally. Decisions, decisions...

11 witty remarks:

  • At 03:35, Blogger Alicia said…

    Dreams last for so long, even after you're gone...

    I know you love me, and soon you will see, you were meant for me, and I was meant for yooooouuuu....

    But I don't know the names... :P

    Do you need a prod Pun, do ya do ya??

     
  • At 14:37, Blogger Catie said…

    oh, by jewel, 'you were meant for me'? something like that i guess... meh...

    yes, have a big 21st! for us! :D and put up photos! cos I wanna see cool 20s costumes *pouts* just one photo would do...

    I'm being bossy today, aren't I?

     
  • At 14:38, Blogger Catie said…

    or maybe it's called dreams

    i'm just guessing here

     
  • At 17:14, Blogger Minerva said…

    Sorry Leach, Cat gets it, it was Jewel - You were meant for me.
    And no need for prods nor kicks ;) Aren't you proud?? :eyes:

    I don't have any photos otherwise I definitely would've put them up. I wish I'd brought my camera, but I didn't. :(

    Well, let's see um... descriptions, a few boys wore the black gangster gear, ie. black suits, white ties, black hats with the white stripes, including BB Gun. Josh wore a beige suit, plus vest and beige beret, and cane. The ladies mostly wore black, with a band and feather, colourful strings of pearls or beads and gelled down hair and red lipstick. Uhm... heels and feather boas...

     
  • At 23:34, Blogger Vivian said…

    Pun, you go to all that trouble of describing specifically what Josh wore and not any other individual people who were don't know and have probably never heard of? *tsk tsk*

     
  • At 23:38, Blogger Vivian said…

    ooops, who *we* don't know

    A song I finally know and people get to it first...I'm not going very well with the star collecting am I?

     
  • At 23:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, well you guys only know of, or at least seen Michelle, Belinda and Josh. Therefore I only described the people you know. Pretty pointless to spout off names and since all the other guys wore the same clothes, black gangster gear. Only Josh and all the other girls looked different. ;) Coz you know more variety than black gangster suit.

    You can catch up on star collecting, you can, you can. :)

     
  • At 01:41, Blogger Alicia said…

    And what did Andrew wear? More than a green T-shirt effort in pretending to be an apple I hope :P.

    Well, seeing she is his girl and all, probably...

     
  • At 12:30, Blogger Catie said…

    man, those gangster outfits are so cool...

     
  • At 16:10, Blogger Minerva said…

    Andrew wore balck trousers, long sleeve black shirt and white tie. Pretty much all black gangster suit.
    You know, that's what I find kinda annoying, guys can wear the same gear for say a 1930s party but gals have to wear something completely different. Not that you'd have many parties with The Great Depression as a theme. But still, we have to spend more money on clothes and accessories. :( ;)

     
  • At 15:44, Blogger Ang said…

    Unless you came as a pauper? All you could afford was your bedraggled last-decade dress?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home