Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 19, 2006

We got tix for Billy Connolly!!!!

*jumps up and down*
I went onto the Ticketek site last night and the newsbanner said 'Limited tix for Billy Connolly - Sydney'. AHHHHHH!!!!!!! So my bro and I bought 2 tix straight away. Seating not as good as it could be but good enough. AHHHHH!!!! So we gotta collect them at the Venue Ticket Office an hour before the show starts.

So Lena's birthday dinner was at The Victoria Room yesterday. Very swish place ;) And very nice, but dark atmosphere. Yes, all the work and time on eyeshadow but nobody got to see it *shakes head in sorrow*. Also we got to see Alex's engagement ring!! *squeals*

Okay, okay, so for foodies' sake, here was the menu:
Entree: toasted Turkish bread with hummus, babaganoush, zaa'tar, chilli'n'crab dip, olive oil, beetroot dip.
Mains: grilled ocean trout on a bed of mushed peas, green beans with crushed almonds, roasted baby potatoes, grilled chicken with olives, preserved lemon and eschallots.
Dessert: Turkish sweets, nougat and chocolates: such as Turkish delight, baklava, choc truffles, lotsa nougat, Rocky Road, cinnamon rolled nuts.

And let's see, Angi you owe me $9 + however much you owe me for presents ;) Also for people not drinking, they had Apple Mojitos, I had a Depeche Mode, Jam had a Dry Martini *ugh* and Cat had a Sugar Daddy ;P
So I had a good time last night, 2 annoying things to point out really: 1. Do NOT use a bag that can't carry much, 2. Wear a garter belt with thighhigh stockings. Also, there's a hole, okay a big, big hole in one of the fishnet legs now so it's doooomed to fly to my bin. :(

Current background noise: The Little Mermaid, Sebastian - Kiss the Girl
Current craving: pulpy orange juice instead of the pulp free I have right now
Concurrent webpage: Gaters.net

Recent purchases:
- 2 x Billy Connolly tix - AHHHHHH!!! For Monday night at Hordern Pavilion!!

8 witty remarks:

  • At 14:33, Blogger Catie said…

    mmm... yummy food...

    yay for tix!

     
  • At 14:34, Blogger Minerva said…

    Wow, you're quick

    Yays!! Oh I forgot to put pix up.

     
  • At 15:05, Blogger Catie said…

    just the timing of when i went online...
    nice with the pix!

     
  • At 18:11, Blogger Vivian said…

    Wow....you know what all the food is just from eating it? What are all those dips??

     
  • At 23:46, Blogger Minerva said…

    *achem* I've gorn up in Btown. That's all I can say.

     
  • At 10:30, Blogger Ang said…

    Heh, I only wish that Lauren came online more so she couls see that photo of her and Sherwin pulling faces... hehehe...

    Thanks for covering for me with the money, Pun, I'll pay you the money nect time I see you.

     
  • At 15:37, Blogger Minerva said…

    Hehehe, yes I'm thinking of printing it out, framing and sending to Loz. ;)

     
  • At 17:56, Blogger Catie said…

    hehehe :)

    so billy connolly was good?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home