Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Had my first driving lesson today... for quite awhile... (edit)

Didn't look right at a roundabout, could've run someone over... anyways, my new instructor is my... let's see how to say this... my paternal grandma's younger male cousin. So he's 2 up on the generational hierarchy and traditionally I should call him equivalent of 'cousin-related uncle pop', unfortunately there's no equivalent word in English. So I just call him Eugene. He's my gran's cousin and he's younger than my mum! I'm telling you, stick with monogamy, it's easier to work out who I'm actually related to. So I've got weekly driving lessons in Parra to brush up on driving before I try for P's.

FOR SALE for $5 a pair RRP $14 /pair
- 3 pairs Voodoo Stay-Ups Tall sheer stockings - 2 Celestial and 1 Black Magic
- 2 pairs Voodoo Shine Comfort Brief Tall pantihose - both Celestial coloured
Anyone taller than me should fit it, unless you're under 55kg. Email me if interested.

So I had a friend's birthday lunch at Venue (used to be Il Duomo) in the Italian Forum yesterday. Had bruschetta, seafood platter and Asti Spumante, oh yes and triple chocolate mousse cake from DJ. Very nice. Hadn't seen her for ages and she's trying to persuade me to join Justice Health *shudders* even though there's a LOT of benefits and incentives, I don't think I can work with criminals... my sense of justice will overpower and I won't treat them very nicely at all, especially paedophiles and rapists. But still, it sounds somewhat appealing... money and benefit-wise.

Recent purchases:
- Dixie Chicks new album - Taking the Long Way - listening to it right now, not too bad. The first song 'The Long Way Around's' got references to their last album Home.
- photo frame to put in dodgy looking grad photo
- 4 panties - coz I had a week of chucking out old ones with holes in them, you know the ones smaller than the leg and torso hole.
- 2 pairs stay up OPAQUE black stockings. They're surprisingly hard to find.
- and an even harder to find, 1 bottle of PISCO!!! Finally! I found in in Harris Farm Liquor store in Parra!! Yays!!! *jumps around* now I can make pisco sours!!

Edit:
Had a lengthy chat with my dad about our waay too randy great great granddad. His 4th wife was Eugene's grandma, Eugene's mum is the same generational hierachical level as my great granddad, Eugene is the same level as my grandma, and my dad is the same level as Eugene's 9 y.o. son!! Which means I call his son (the 9 y.o.), Uncle. I call Eugene Great Uncle, I call Eugene's mum, Great grand aunt (she's 70 something). That's screwed up I'm telling you, Eugene calls my grandma 'cousin', my dad calls Eugene 'Uncle' and Eugene's at least 10 years younger than him.
Bigamy makes relations very confusing. Here's a basic diagram.



7 witty remarks:

  • At 00:44, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yay for driving! I miss driving too...

    Haha you know the ones smaller than the leg and torso hole. thanks for clarifying :P.

     
  • At 01:13, Blogger Catie said…

    I wanna be able to drive :( *sigh* I'm so close...
    stockings are fun! I have new stockings (yes, i did buy some from Pun, they're very nice, also some from Coles which are pretty and patterned and so fashionable)
    I didn't know the Dixie Chicks had a new album, sounds interesting... Also now am curious to try these so-called Pisco sours.That's the problem with reading your blog pun, i always want to eat your food/drink your drinks :)

     
  • At 17:20, Blogger Catie said…

    hmm... confusing. looks like you've got alot of relatives there pun. meanwhile i have a great-aunt around the same age as my dad, his cousins are in their early twenties. and there was no bigamy involved. so there you go, relations are confusing no matter what.

     
  • At 17:27, Blogger Minerva said…

    Relations are very confusing.

    I cut my finger again today :( Didn't bleed too much which is good, coz it wasn't very deep.

    Man, it's getting cold now *turns on heater*

    Yes, I will make everyone Pisco Sours! *jumps up and down* You guys provided the recipe in the Peruvian cooking book for my 19th bday ;)

     
  • At 18:06, Blogger Catie said…

    Wheee! Well, you owe us a taste then! 'Cos us buying you a present sure puts you under obligation... hmmm...
    yes, very cold, I'm wearing my coat and feel like I'm in Britain! Also sympathies re: finger :(

     
  • At 01:48, Blogger Catie said…

    Wow, new look huh? And what's with all the words? But very pink of you pun :)

     
  • At 14:54, Blogger Vivian said…

    Dude, what's this template? Pink pink pink argh =P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home