Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, July 21, 2006

Still feeling a bit dizzy but I'm really hoping it'll pass...

So during the day I went to visit my cousin Jenny and my niece Gianna at her home. Tradtionally she's not allowed to leave the house/home for 1 full month after birth coz she's dirty or something (absolute codswallop) you're not allowed to shower, wash your hair, absolute crap, that's one tradition I'm not keeping up with (ha if I ever have kids). Please feel free to borrow my book 'Eve: sex, childbirth and motherhood' by Petrina Brown for more horrifying stories.

There was also a celebratory banquet for my niece Tianr (name's in Mandarin but in Canto it's Tien Yee) (currently in San Fran) held by my Auntie Shirley and Uncle Augustus at a hotel close by. It was her first full year (Chinese thing) so calls for food and presents.



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Let's see, starting off with red dyed boiled eggs, suckling pig, king prawn and deepfried honeydew melon (surprisingly good), deep fried salad roll (I know) and broccoli, shark fin and crab roe soup, abalone, faat choi, fungi and greens, steamed garoupa, crispy roast chicken, Fukkien seafood rice or Eee noodles, and ten for dessert, red bean soup with sesame glutinous dumplings, malay cake with egg yolk and of course the fruit platter. Mmmm...

Went to M&S and bought something *cough* for a special someone ;) today
Also went to HMV and could melt on the spot at the range of dvds. Cat if you have A$220 to spare, I can buy Jonathan Creek for you. I'm planning to head there again before I leave to buy Boston Legal for my bro and I. Tell me soon, by Sunday would be best, I've gotta pack.
Then had breakfast (really afternoon tea) of yum cha with dad. Some gow gee, crispy (oh so crispy) turnip cake, duck feet wrapped in tofu skin with taro and minced chicken, fried cheung fun, seen juk goon and fish congee which was uneaten. And of course jasmine tea ;) I would've had pu erh but I think my head may not have taken it.

Gonna cook dinner tomorrow for family, roast chicken and salad it seems. Let's see what happens.

BKK photos have been updated, added my mums photos.

Recent purchases:
- Macgyver seasons 4 and 6 - coz they were cheaper than 3 and 5
- Tangled - with Jonathan Rhys Meyers - hey now I've been waiting 3 years to get this
- La Ardilla Roja - movie by Julio Medem
- 3 tops
- 1 black casual dress
- The Best of Graham Norton - I couldn't find the other Graham Norton DVDs, must search more thoroughly next time

4 witty remarks:

  • At 11:35, Blogger Catie said…

    that's such a cute phtot! really adorable :)

    $220 is a bit much i think... sorry i didn't get back to you sooner, my internet wasn't working and i haven't had much time to spare lately, what with one thing and another, to get somewhere else to check it.

     
  • At 18:11, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, isn't she absolutely adorable, she pokes her tongue out in a lot of the photos, she's so cute you could eat her, roasted and covered in sauerkraut.

    No worries, ebay should be much, much cheaper

     
  • At 18:28, Blogger Vivian said…

    Wow that's a lot of food!! Isn't the chinese thing the first full month...?

    Nooooo don't eat the adorable kid!

    Heehee my word verification is qoofts

     
  • At 12:31, Blogger Catie said…

    hey hey you're back! welcome back to the cold and dismal city of sydney!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home