Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Pity comes too late, turn around and face you fate, an eternity of this...

Yea you finish it ;)

So the day started with waking at 1130 and going for a facial and neck/'you-may-as-well-grab-my-boobs-while-they're-there' massage, seriously, the masseur's hands were rubbing so low I thought of saying "Love, I'm paying for a PG rated massage". My skin is so clear now, if only facials were cheaper in Sydney *sighs* sooo relaxing, she asked if I wanted to fade out my freckles, and I said "No I like them, I'll keep them thanks" ;)

Okay, then went to Starbucks for my coffee-addict Auntie Eppie (of graduation fame) (chai latte), and had Japanese food at Kamado Restaurant:
- peach liqueur & grapefruit juice
- Ox tongue shiso something or another
- mixed sashimi - delicious prawn and fatty salmon
- mixed sushi - this one was alright, not as good as the sashimi

Then onto the walk to the convention centre. Met mum there, so many people. Bought a POTO tshirt and a program, and also 2 badges. I'm keeping the program and shirt of course. Sat in row S, seat 20, right in the middle so had a great view, well save for the guy sitting in front of me with big hair.

POTO review:
Brad Little (from NY) played the Phantom, I think Marni Raab as Christine, John Bowles as Raoul (of Young Talent Time fame).
It made me so sentimental, okay not really to see that set again, 12 years! 12 years!!
Brad Little was excellent, excellent as Erik, great voice, there was a great passion to his performance, great interpretation. Raab's voice was good but not outstanding, she didn't break once and I was impressed with that. Out of the duo, Andre was good as was Carlotta and Piangi. However, Meg was grating. Her voice was quite nasal and didn't open up her mouth enough in singing, that was the critical point, mezzosoprano is quite easy to sing...
Lyrics have changed, as it would over the past decade, things to point out which amused me:
- doesn't the Phantom lift Christine into the swan bed after she faints in 'Music of the Night'? he just left her on the floor and covered her with a cloak.
- distinct lack of swan bed
- some singing was out of time but that's alright, better out of time than out of tune
So all in all, not bad at all ;) had a very enjoyable night :D Brad Little is excellent, excellent as Phantom, gawd I love him as Phantom, great great I can't stop typing 'bout him. Maybe it's my deep seated need to have a disfigured man as a lover I mean *cough cough* I didn't type that,
They had Cantonese surtitles on the sides of the stage which mum was reading and very amused with, 'pparently they were much more amourous and elegant than the English.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Moi - funnily enough only mum and Auntie Eppie mentioned anything about 'lowness'

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Auntie Eppie & I

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mum & I

Recent purchases:
- Occasions by Kate Spade - a fun party etiquette book
- The Fairy Part Book by Marina T. Stern - world holidays with explanations, recipes and a touch of magic

1 witty remarks:

  • At 01:43, Blogger Catie said…

    ooh ooh you finally saw it! glad it was good.

    you've got to fight, for your right, to freckles :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home