Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Continuous onflight ramblings

Time: 0130 AEST
Place: flying over Darwin
Time to destination: 5h 45min
Current bgd noise: buzzing of airplane, plus Channel 12 Classical Choice - Symphony No. 1 in A flat major - 3rd movement by Elgar

Well arrived at the airport round 1935, checked in and didn't need to go in til 2100, so dinnertime!
There's nothing really appealing at Kingsford Smith to eat anymore (save Pulp Juice and that's a beverage) and the idea of Costi's deep fried seafood preflight made me queasy. So returning to my south west Sydney roots, I opted for hommous, tabouli, Turkish bread and a dolmade (whichwas so nasty I consequently chucked out) oh yes and orange + carrot juice.
Darn expensive for the parking now, $7/30min so my bro eventually paid $21 (he really could've left earlier, but the company was apppreciated). So went through customs and stopped at security check, the officer made me remove my laptop from my bag and consequnetly had to repack almost forgetting my passport and boarding pass in the process. Had another 25min to spare, wanted to get a G&T as Josh suggested, alas, the bar was closed and really, I could just fill up on the plane.
So left around 2155 and estimated arrival time is 0515 HK time. Joy. I completely forgot to bring any $HK, meanwhile I didn't have any anyway cause of that mobile phone debacle earlier this year. At least I have A$100 from my 21st bday, but I'm gonna spend that getting you and church guys stuff from Bangkok.
Seat 60H, 2 seats to myself (yea baby), seems like I'm the only one awake right now, people must hate me if they're trying to sleep, tapping away at the keyboard... So I'm currently (was) relaxed on 2 seats although the smell of either armpit or man is a tad palpable, but luckily dulled by my ready consumption of merlot, which was supported by the flight attendant's ready pouring of merlot into my glass ;)
So onflight menu:
- antipasto - a slice of ham and polish sausage??, half an artichoke, teeny sundried tomato, 1 mushroom, 1 olive and some iceberg lettuce leaves
- lamb casserole with taters, peas and corn - honestly not bad for airline food, darn I forgot to bring in my camera otherwise I woulda sent photos into http://www.airlinemeals.net
- wholemeal bread roll - still warm and crusty, however disappointed
- lamington
- Kingston Estate merlot 2005 - I was asking for the Yering Frog cab shiraz 2003 but they didn't have any, so I settled for merlot which wasn't too bad (might be the altitude), but now I have red wine stained teeth... (shows the quality of wine eh?) still it didn't stop me from going for a nightcap, okay, okay 3 glasses of H2O to keep rehydrated
- cuppa English tea
My skin is so dry, it's cracking *applies lanolin*
Cruddy movies this time, none appealing save 'Keeping mum' which I may watch over breakfast, the music channels seem best. Tooodle ooooo, will type more if my baby still has the batts. Also feeling tad sleepy.


Time: HK 0459
Time to destination: 20min
Nearly to HK, wheels gone down

Damn tired, slept in foetal position, not comfy... breakfast was kinda sus
- scrambled eggs, bacon, 2 mushrooms, a slice of tomato, mushy hash brown
- cuppa tea
- didn't eat the fruit (not as fresh), Dlite wild strawberry yoghurt nor the croissant.
- tomato juice - mmmm...
Okay gotta turn off laptops now, descending, ciao!


In Flat B now, on computer obviously, it's 0840 HK time and getting a tad sleepy. Security at quarantine laughed at me coz I was carrying a massive backpack, my massive daypack on my front and a pillow. I love my pillow... Been home since 0700, so wrong, oh so wrong, gonna get hair cut today, will post photos up if and when and possible to.

3 witty remarks:

  • At 12:07, Blogger Catie said…

    so did you end up watching keeping mum?
    sounds like a really fun trip... say hi to your parents for me! and to hong kong.

     
  • At 14:41, Blogger Minerva said…

    No I didn't, when I woke up (after 2h sleep) I missed the beginning for the 2nd time. So, no.
    Oh yea, now that you have an income, is Leach getting Jonathan Creek for you?

     
  • At 23:14, Blogger Catie said…

    i think not, sadly. a bit late now anyway, she's in japan. leach, if you still can get it, please do :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home