Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 25, 2006

A few more 21sts to go...

Thank you Alex for celebrating your 21st with us, even though it was belated I hope you had lotsa fun talking and hanging around. :D
It's so good to get together and talk and just laugh, I hope we get to do more of this soon ;)

Alex's 21st photos are up on My photos so follow the link. And I'd love to see the one that your mum took of all of us. ;) Oh yes, unfortunately I wasn't allowed to put them all up coz Karen threatened me with publication of one of my more embarrassing photos...

Don't mind me giving an account of the night eh? I'm doing it so Leachypoo can have some entertainment while reading in Portugal or London... or somewhere.

So for Alex's, we got there a tad late, ehehehe. I forget how far off from civilisation her house is. No no I kid, I kid ;) So Lena, Kat, Viv, Karen and myself turned up first, stripped off our large cloaks and scarves and gave the presents. A couple which had to be put into the fridge to keep cool.
So we got some drinks (Houghton's white... I don't know what variety, Ciata, Pub Squash) and sat around the unstable coffee table in front of the fire eating olives, pickled onions (which Lena will never ever eat again), cheeeeese, chips, crackers and guac, tzatziki and hommous. Mmm hommous. Conversations varied from how to wear suspender belts, lying, Karen's bitterness about nursing, Dave, Trees' beau, much innuendo (which is always fun) and all in the midst of that Angi and Cat showed up as well. So after much, much more talking, playing musical floor spots and leaning back on couches, we went to kitchen for some dinner.

Mr. and Mrs. Swan very kindly cooked us dinner, first course homemade tandoori chicken pizza (including the base), sooo nice. And garden salad with the optional dressing, and bread rolls and butter. Then came second course of a very, very lovely lasagna, mmm... very, very nice, liked it very much.

And after more basking in front of the fire, squashing people, photos and general banter, some about weird foot/shoe fetishes, and opening of presents, it twas time for cake! Presents twere 'From Blushing Brides to Wedded Wife', Bijoux pink earrings, a smelly scarf, 2 bottles of Moet & Chandon, and a Myer gift card, was there anything else?
Zee birthday cake was chocolate mudcake, with full fat vanilla ice cream and peaches, mmm... and of course a glass of the Moet & Chandon champers. Mmmm... then more chatting in front of the fire and then moving into zee cozy side room for a couple of rounds of Substitution. Songs included Ooompa Loompa, Brick, You Belong to me, No Aphrodisiac, All Star, Everything I do I do it for you. Lena left first and then the rest of us left some 10min later. All up twas a very, very good night!

Hope you enjoy the Moet Alex!

JUST FOUND OUT I NEED A NEW PASSPORT! CRAAAAAAAP!
GOING TO PARRAMATTA AND TAKING PASSPORT PHOTOS AND GETTING AN APPLICATION FORM TOMORROW. PRIORITY FEE AS WELL, DAMMIT.

In other news:
I've finished my assessment which was due nearly 2 months ago! So for the past few days, I'd been living on coffee, freshly brewed in the dripolator but I think I'm all coffee-ed out now. I need to take a shower right now, my hair is all... yea. Shower = good.

Currently reading Druid's Sword by Sara Douglass, am 3 sevenths of the way through. Yays! I love this series. Unfortunately I have to return it when I'm done but I'll be waiting for the PB to come out in 2008. Yays for not-so-guilty reading!

Have to go to CUM tomorrow to work out Ethics Application. God help me.

Will sort out things to do on my bday. Perhaps afternoon tea in the city??

4 witty remarks:

  • At 20:55, Blogger Vivian said…

    Yay for finished assessment!

    You left out the present unwrapping bit...including head scarf arrangement and *that* book...

     
  • At 22:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    gaaahh... oh yea present unwrapping, gimme 2min and I'll type it in.

    Video-wise. I don't have anywhere to put it up... and really, I don't wanna. ;P

     
  • At 10:36, Blogger Catie said…

    That wine you brought was very nice Pun. A little too nice... hehehe
    And yeah, was great seeing people! And we will have more 21sts to come when we can get together again! Yay!
    But pun, I'll be at the snow on your actual birthday, sorry :( can rsvp now to possible afternoon teas, with a no.

     
  • At 18:04, Blogger Minerva said…

    *sniff sniff*

    So I can do afternoon tea? Or even a cozy little thing in Burwood for inner-westies?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home