Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

So I spent pretty much all Monday cooking...

Decided to have dinner at church for my bday. That was Monday, B set up the tables and such, and Mish cooked with me, as well as showing a horrifying tape which when I realised, leapt outta my chair but was pulled back and held down by B and Amy, to stop from mauling Mish.

So I was up at 0900 and went to buy the rest of the missing ingredients for dinner. I made 2 sticky date puddings coz I didn't like how the first one turned out, but my feet are sooo tired.
Currently have 1 and a half puddings at home.
Yays for presents as well, a $40 gift card for Borders and a plush toy of Daffyd from Little Britain, *keeheehee* I love Daffyd and Little Britain. *keeheehee*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sooo... here was the menu that Mish, Steve and I cooked.
- potato and leek bake - v v nice, but where did all the oil come from??
- Caesar salad - delicious, I love Mish's dressing
- button mushrooms
- bread rolls
- patatas bravas

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
- garden salad with avocado, cherry tomatoes and Moosewood dressing
- grilled lamb cutlets double coated in parmesan and breadcrumbs - very nice
- tandoori chicken empanadas
- zucchini and squash

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
- bruschetta with boccocini - I asked for prosciutto and pointed at the prosciutto and the guy gave me 2 dozen slices of mortadella!! What am I gonna do with 2 doz slices of mortadella?? At least with prosciutto I can put it in a bolognese or pasta or breakfast tarts
- corn cobs
- 'Oriental' noodle salad
- satay chicken skewers with peanut sauce

And for dessert,
- Mish's ice cream cake, very, very lush, with imaginary candles...
- sticky date pudding ver. 2.0 with butterscotch sauce
- minted meringue sticks
- chocolate rum balls
- Amy's trademark cupcakes
- marscapone and strawberry/raspberry tartlets - very nice with strawberries
Also had the rest of the Plantagenet Hazard Hill SSB, non-alcoholic sangria and soft drinks.
And here's some pics... yabs people also went a tad nuts with my camera so I stuck some up in My photos.

NEXT DAY - Actual bday
Woke up early yet still missed the bus to Parra. Bro very kindly took me to CUM even though he was gonna be late to work anyway.
Had a Professional Development Day from 0930 to 1200 and had some good, interesting and helpful talks on Vulnerable groups in participant recruitment and Health Informatics: the role of Patient Centred Models. Also got to meet Jill Squires, the CNC at Westmead and I'll have to harrass/beg her on ICD recipient information (for thesis).
Also, surprised me with chocolate cake and a card, honestly wasn't expecting it. I knew Trish wanted me to stay back for 30min but I thought (and wanted) it to be about Hons, not about eating chocolate cake. But then I had to run off to head into the city. Walked from CUM to the busstop in front of the Children's Hospital, called up to see if my passport was ready to be picked up. (I look stoned!! But I'm not even!!!)

Took the bus to Parra, took the fast train to Sydney Terminal, walked my sore, sore feet (stupid but oh-so-pretty boots) to the Passport Office, and then headed out to La Renaissance.
Met by Alex, Viv and Karen, and Trees while in there. Bought a scrumptious Strawberry Mousse cake, split between 5, yes 72 degrees *shakes head at Trees* ;) Where I was serenaded by these lovely ladies and chatted long and laughed much.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ate all the cake...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then walked to GB, looked v v briefly at lingerie ;) and talked about stalkers, underwear, bridesmaid dresses. Then we all headed home.
Well actually I went to Croydon, sat around reading the SMH for 40min til bro came and had dinner at Hotel Saravana Bhavan, yum!!
Had:
- masala dosa with coconut chutney and sambar
- Madras chicken curry - spicy enough without burning
- Vegetable kurma - soooo good there, yummmm...
- steamed basmati rice
and Masala chais... mmm... chai...

And now I'm home with calloused feet and I need to take a shower and brush the curry taste/breath outta my mouth.

TO TREES:
"I will get you my pretty!" *evil cackle*

7 witty remarks:

  • At 21:04, Blogger Alicia said…

    Hehe. Primary school singing video!!

    Oh... Maybe I was wrong about the "you can`t tempt me now Pun"...

     
  • At 21:32, Blogger Minerva said…

    wait wait I gotta put photos up

     
  • At 22:30, Blogger Minerva said…

    My computer didn't wanna load up the photos so I had to restart. AND photoblogger didn't wanna load up the photos either so I had to put them on my photobucket ;P
    So it wasn't really finished til around 2210.

     
  • At 20:51, Blogger Vivian said…

    That's a good pic of you and Karen by Trees =)

     
  • At 14:16, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes I like it too, I was thinking of using it as a desktop but I figured my gigantic face may be quite scary to look at. It is really.

     
  • At 10:06, Blogger Catie said…

    wow, that's a feast! sounds like so much good food... mmm...
    and happy birthday for then
    :p

     
  • At 11:45, Blogger Minerva said…

    Sooo much food, I'm trying to get rid of the tomatoes (we've still got 2kg left), and the zucchini, and the broccoli, before I go. There's only so much bruschetta one can take.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home