Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Guess who I bumped into today?

Well after my driving lesson I was gonna walk around Parra Westfield for a half hour til the train came. But then, I saw Sonia sitting on one of the benches, for people who don't remember, Sonia was one of the girls in the special class in PLC. Short, skinny Indian girl. Now lives in Mildura, got married at 19, now divorced at 21, had a daughter with her ex-husband. Unbelievable. She's still shaped like a toothpick after childbirth. She doesn't look like she's grown at all.
Amazing coincidence.

Afternoon tea on Tuesday is now on the query list. I'm waiting for my supervisor to reply to an email, and if I don't stay back... gaaaahhh... I gotta pick up my passport at Central as well. So, options are still La Renaissance, but I wanna call up and say to save me one of the cakes. Otherwise, the time will be changed to 1430.

Very annoying with the passports now. People, DO NOT show teeth, (after September 11th, smiling and showing the teeth changes the facial structure so NO teeth). Bastards, I had to go back to the post office (after already paying with credit card and priority fee), take another set of passport photos and got my Uncle Friend Calvin to guarantor for me. And so no other hiccups could occur, I'm gonna pick up the passport at Central next week. Also my new passort photo, darnit I look stoned man... the other one showing teeth, that was perfect, but this one, I look stoned...
And for people who got their last passport as a child, you now must apply for a passport as an adult, NOT renewal. Also passport prices are going up by $20 in July. Remember now as an adult, it lasts 10 years, not 5 years for kids.

Going shopping with Mish Saturday morning. Gotta write up a confirmed list of what to cook. I'm having a 21st birthday dinner at church Monday night instead of yabs. So Mish and I are cooking and possibly Steve if he replies back with ideas. Gonna cook a lot. Kinda stuff I'd cook at home... well save some desserty type stuff. Will take photos and post to make various people hungry.

Which family are you in?
1. "I'm-inviting-you-to-a-party-and-I-pay" coz it's my birthday
2. "Invitees-split-equally-and-pay-for-the-dinner"

I'm strongly in the first family of etiquette.
Is it the Chinese etiquette of one person paying for the entire meal coming out in me? Or is it the general thing to do for a significant birthday?

Recent purchases:
- 3 pairs of panties - like I could resist pantie sales
- funky deep purple velvet, silk jacket
- 2 tops

5 witty remarks:

  • At 00:46, Blogger Catie said…

    no way, divorced by 21? ouch, that's so awful :(

    i don't know which family i'm in, i'm in the invite-people-over-for-byo-drinks family. :p depends how much everything is? hmmm... i dunno. depends if it's me paying? :p

     
  • At 03:35, Blogger Alicia said…

    I'm in family 1.

    But, if the birthday person WAS NOT going to celebrate - and someone else planned a dinner celebration for them - family 2.

     
  • At 13:28, Blogger Vivian said…

    Wow...speaking of the class at PLC, I ran into Trudy and Jen Emerson at Burwood westfield a few months ago, they were doing alright i think, working in childcare or something.


    Yeah, it depends on who's organising, if your friends are organising, family two, if you're organising, family one.

     
  • At 00:11, Blogger Minerva said…

    Hmm... here's my situation for Monday night. Mish and I are cooking dinner for yabs as a 21st celebration. So of course, I'd be paying for ingredients etc.

    However, I was considering pulling everyone out for dinner of pizza in Bankstown, in that case since I'd be pulling people out, I'm obliged to pay for dinner correct?
    But they were saying, no the invitees split and pay including the birthday dude's share. However could that be?? I'm still sitting strongly in family 1.

    All this etiquette business.

     
  • At 03:20, Blogger Catie said…

    As far as etiquette goes- whatever everyone else agrees on is ok. But you are right, if you throw something it should be family one, if they organise then family two. But people understand if you can't afford it or whatever, so family two can be ok anyway. Das ist what I reckon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home