Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fwoar!! Bellydancing sooo much fun!

Had a great class tonight! Learnt the basics, generally moving hips, hip flicks, the Maya? (I think it was), figure of 8s, shimmying, belly pops, belly rolls and some arm movements. Picked it up pretty quickly, quite similar to hip movements in Latin dance but of course less footwork. Actually gave a good workout to the lower back muscles, could really feel whilst belly rolls (which I did successfully the first go! Yays!!)

Will practice at home coz one of the songs used was Loreena McKennitt's Marco Polo. (funnily enough I always used that song for pseudo-bellydancing)
I really hope they put it on permanently at Liverpool, soo much fun! Will be bringing coin belt next time :D

So we had dinner out at Davo's Trattoria tonight (B, Mish, Shell and Bronny). Had bruschetta as entree. I had a chinotto to drink and small fettucine all gamberetti and affogato (which was surprisingly sweet for an espresso...). Others had chicken pennes, ravioli, fettucine boscaiola and cokes, pineapple juice, diet cokes around. Oh yes and for dessert lovers, a scrumptious looking Rocky road, tiramisu, trio gelato and caramel latte. I was looking forward to my little portion of mooncake but I'm so bloated right now... it's painful to press against my gut.

Then back to my house for Little Britain 3. Talked quite a bit, many different topics, marriage, parents, kids, discipline, clothing, attraction, lust etc.

Mind you it was pretty early in the morning when we were having these chats, B was saying what kinda man she thinks Mish will hook up with, either a manly man, a womanly man, a man with the exact personality as hers. I said B needs a man to protect her, a manly man, not a pushover. And B said I needed to be "tamed" before I could ever settle, lol, as in I like doing my own thing, running around, doing whatever I want.LOL I didn't say that you guys thought/think "If Pun ever falls in love, she'll fall hard and fall fast" Hasn't happened yet.
After talking, I'm really starting to believe that I have a gift of singleness.
It's very interesting how other people perceive attraction. I've just never (honest to God) found anyone attractive in terms of "Oh you're pretty, let's go out sometime". I've found them "You have nice cheekbones as in you're a beautiful guy" but I've never had the urge to take it to the next level. Sure I've had a fondness for people but what IS attraction? No seriously, I don't know WHAT it is, what is THE attraction? What makes you gravitate towards a person? And does this attraction lead to romance? Does it HAVE to lead to romance?

BTW pick your answer on the sidebar. Dried pineapple and mangoes wasn't that sweet I remember, last year's had a definite kinda seedy crunchiness to it coz of the figs, but I want a sweeter kinda taste to the pudding. I'm still experimenting before I settle on one recipe. Mind you this may take years since it depends on the type of fruit, quality, organic/not organic, varying amounts of liqueur.

Recent purchases:
- 2 bras - balconette, take advantage of sales
- 4 tops - as above, take advantage of sales
- Little Britain 3 - YAYS!!

4 witty remarks:

  • At 10:11, Blogger Ang said…

    I don't think Attraction has to lead to romance. What about love? How do you tell the difference between "you're my best friend who I want to be with as much as possible" and " I love you, let's go out, and I want to be with as much as possible"? If your relationship is 'chaste', then how can you tell?

    Also, I liked the figs, but cherries all the way this time!

     
  • At 10:49, Blogger Alicia said…

    Well, I voted... Not to encourage your alcoholism or anything... :P

    Bringing a moneybelt bellydancing eh? And what purpose does that serve...? *bwahahahaa*

    After talking, I'm really starting to believe that I have a gift of singleness.
    I've thought the same: I've found many guys attractive in personality and looks, have enjoyed their company and wanted to spend more time with them but not been attracted in a physical way.

    Strangely though, I generally notice personality first - then if someone mentions appearance be like "oh, yeah, they are pretty good looking eh?".

    And then others I've found attractive in a physical way - whom I later look back on and think "Oh man, they're butt ugly, what was I thinking". :P(hehe, how cruel).

    Where do you draw the line for a romance? I don't know. Maybe when you are actually physically attracted to them in whatever relationship you're in... The chastity of unmarried relationships is with the view of appropriate use of sexual activity, not for the lack of desiring to do it.

     
  • At 16:00, Blogger Minerva said…

    Pun: dates
    Angi: cherries
    Leach: Grand Marnier
    Who did the other 3 votes come from? Viv? Trees? Cat?
    Maybe I should say, what would the Maroubra people like in their Christmas pudding this year???

    Coin belt woman! Coin belt! Hurrumpf! *keeheeeheee* And dude, you still haven't answered my email yet, unless you're trying to tease me... which you have done successfully btw, but still... hangover...

    But I guess, here's another question: when does the "I enjoy spending time with you" lead to romance? Does it have to? I enjoy spending time with you fair ladies but it doesn't mean I wanna do you. :P But that's the same for any guys I know, I enjoy spending time with the guys at church but it doesn't mean I'm physically attracted to any of them.

    "If your relationship is 'chaste', then how can you tell?
    Seems like we (the 3 of us) don't know the answer. What do other people think?

     
  • At 15:54, Blogger Catie said…

    i just voted then, as in days later, for cherries.

    hmmm... i tend to feel similarly in that i think that i sometimes appreciate a guys attractiveness objectively but am not actually attracted to them. i think it works differently to an aesthetic appreciation of a person's looks. not that i could explain. but i don't think i have the 'gift of singleness', if you will. my thoughts on physical attraction are not exactly coherent, i was going to try to explain what i thought then realised i didn't know :)but i think you're approaching the question from a strange angle somehow... not a problem, really, if you're quite happy with being single. but seems to me that no-one can explain what love or any of these related concepts is. at least no-one our age. i think that you don't have to have a pre-set intellectual understanding of all the details to figure out a relationship. or if you want one, or anything like that.
    i think that to an extent you like who you like, but to an extent you can choose. so you don't have to have a crush on someone 'cos you're initially attracted to them. and yeah, friendship/love, related concepts, surely? maybe also this is one of those things that differ from person to person, because you do hear different accounts of love. what do i know. i ramble too much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home