Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I love contradictory proverbs

(from Schott's Miscellany by Ben Schott)
No fool like an old fool ... ... ... With age comes wisdom
Great minds think alike ... ... ... Idiots seldom differ
Absence makes the heart grow fonder ... ... ... Out of sight, out of mind

To the last one, I prefer to use "Time heals all wounds"

Starting to go to Sunday night church again, haven't been for ages (well considering it didn't start up again until quite recently). You know, after singing in the front at church and now being older and seeing the young'uns sing and play, kinda makes me feel old in a good way. Also I don't think I could do it again anyway, even if I wanted to. Still, love singing and love music. And dancing.

Unhappy note: can't go bellydancing this semester. No way to get there and noone to do it with me. :( Ah well, next semester perhaps, will train up those abs now *lol abs, yea*. BTW have lost 5kg since gymming, I don't know where I lost it... definitely not cup size... perhaps from thighs??
Currently making a database of all the books I have. Have only battled what's on my desk, bedside table, less than half on my floor, one small cupboard shelf and whatever's visible on my 2nd shelf of 4 levelled bookshelf. And that's only 104. I suspect there's another 400-450 to go in my room, and then another 200-300 in the garage. My room is a fire hazard, and also reader's dream/nightmare.

Movies recently watched:
Take The Lead (2006): if you like feel good, dancing movies, I recommend. Especially for a no-brainer movie. I love both tango scenes. *drool* what would I do to dance tango with a guy I love. Mmm... Antonio Banderas in those pants *nods grinning*
The Aristocrats (2006): I was disappointed with this doco. The doco was saying it wasn't the punch line itself which is funny, it's the journey and the outrageousness of the journey which makes the joke funny. I thought it was just crass and disgusting, and yes it usually takes a bit for me to say that. But only if you enjoy jokes about blood, crap, bestiality and incest, you'd probably find it funny. Admittedly, there were moments of laughter but they were few and far between.

Prunes it is for the Christmas pudding, I just bought a large bag of it yesterday and will try some later, and see if it's really as nice as you guys say. Hmmm... still, reminds me of laxatives...

5 witty remarks:

  • At 11:41, Blogger Catie said…

    they're generally not THAT contradictory, they just refer to different things. And I think"with age comes wisdom" kinda complements "No fool like an old fool"- in a way. If age is meant to bring wisdom then a old fool looks very foolish indeed.

    And that's alot of books. mmmmm.... books...

     
  • At 14:19, Blogger Minerva said…

    bloody spammers.

    Yes lotsa books. Lotsa stuff. Lotsa moving stuff around.

     
  • At 14:05, Blogger Catie said…

    books are heavy in large quantities
    spammers are annoying in any quantities :(

     
  • At 15:27, Blogger Minerva said…

    I seem to have grossly overestimated the amount of books I have in my room. Okay, save for the textbooks which aren't visible to the naked eye (probably 5 or 6) I have only 263 all up. I'm half disapppointed. I thought I had more books in my room, but still in the garage, probably around 150-200 then, considering the smaller size of those books.
    I'll be doing a big clean out really soon and churcking away all those stupid highschool notes and New Scientist magazines. First to go will be chem if there's any left. Oh and those Signpost Mathematics textbooks, oooh they're going :D

     
  • At 17:26, Blogger Alicia said…

    You should put them in one of those donation bins. :D

    I have no idea what the song is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home