Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Greetings to all those people who read this blog.

I know I may not know all of you, I suspect you don't know me either. And now that you are reading these words right now, yes right now. It's creepy, I don't know you, you don't know me, it's creepy. Lurkers scare me, especially when they find out information, too much information about people you have never even met (or have met). So it may seem harsh, I don't read personal blogs of people whom I haven't known for at least 5 years, and also been on holidays with, and I'd rather people not read mine. I'm asking people to respect this, yes it is the internet, yes it is free, yes I can't track you, but go read someone else's blog who is actually asking for the attention, 'cause I certainly am not.

Anyways back to the people I know:
Rebecca's out of Concord Hospital now and back at home, Thank God. Was her birthday today (13/10), at least she got to spend tonight at home :) It sounded a bit like Diabetes Insipidus. I'll ask her the results on Monday, hope they've diagnosed her properly and found the right course of action.

So today Shell and I spent a 3.5 hours at Parra Westfield. We didn't go to the gym coz I'm not feeling very well. (I'm not entirely sure what it is, I suspect it's to do with the sudden climate change, but upper part of throat is extremely dry, runny nose, no phlegm at all. So I've been taking Paracetamol for its anti-inflammatory effects and been getting headaches frequently. Suspect dehydration. It's not DMII for sure).
So yea got Josh's presents after a good 2.5 hours of frustration. (Also had Eggs Benedict [first time!] and Chai latte tea [I'd rather real chai from an Indian family or at least restaurant]). Then ingredient shopping.

So over to Josh's for birthday bbq. Thank you Josh I had a great time, hope you use your presents well! Glad it was a wise gift decision, Shell and I were walking up and down trying to find one, and lo and behold, it was in front of us the entire time. I'm thinking of purchasing one for myself, ooooo yea...
A casual dinner, I made pasta salad (if anyone wants some, feel free, although it may be eaten in... hmm... gimme 2.5 days, or Leach 45min), and a little roast potatoes with pesto left. Shell made her delicious Caesar salad, mmmm... yummy...
Drank some wine, very easy to drink that one, 2002 Shiraz I don't remember the winery though ;) It had a bit of a kick to it in the first sip, then it mellowed out after you swallowed it so it left a nice sweet feel in your mouth. ;)
Chatted muchly, gave massages and nearly sent Shell off to sleep, interesting topics, got to see Phil in his boxers.
And then back round 0120. Kinda tired, right now it's 0245. May pop to bed now. After I favourite these ff addresses.

Oh yes, dates and prunes are 2 all right now. Anyone who hasn't voted, please do and comment.
Dates: Leach and I
Prunes: Cat and Alex

9 witty remarks:

  • At 16:02, Blogger Catie said…

    i voted for prunes. i think they'd give your pudding a good rich consistency.

    who's been reading your blog, huh? and how do you know?
    hope that all of you sick ppl are feeling weller (hehe, weller)

     
  • At 19:30, Blogger Minerva said…

    Thank you, changed it now. Hmmm need at least one more vote on dates or prunes to win out. You know I have never eaten a prune before, I always associate it with prune juice and other such laxatives.

    Well I've always known that people have since this blog started, but I didn't realise the frequency until recently. And the information that's told on our blogs (even though yes it's the internet) is something that should be separated from our different social circles. For example, do you really want say uni people to know stuff about you where want only PLC ladies to know?

     
  • At 14:44, Blogger Alicia said…

    Prunes are yummy, but I still associate them with laxative effects :P.

     
  • At 12:58, Blogger Ang said…

    How did you find out? How can I find out? I might have fans!

     
  • At 15:17, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well Jen and Sarah (Leach's uni peeps??) have commented before. Other people have read it from otehr sources. Not very happy about it.

     
  • At 15:43, Blogger Catie said…

    fair enough, but then again i think you have to be aware that what you write on a blog may be read by a wider audience than intended, and be careful about what you say accordingly.

     
  • At 18:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    Mmmmm of course, but in that case, I may as well use email.

     
  • At 21:22, Blogger Vivian said…

    Ummm.....paracetamol has anti-inflammatory effects?? I thought it was anti-pyretic, yes, analgesic, yes, but not anti-inflammatory, that's the NSAIDS.

    Anyway, drugs aside...yeah I guess with blogs is that you should expect other people to be reading them, because they are all linked to each other, and people do surf the net. I know some people request that their blogs not be linked on other people's blogs.

     
  • At 15:07, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh crap, you're right, it is the NSAIDS, thank you for correcting me. I keep getting confused between ibuprofen and paracetamol.

    Yea, moreso the annoying point is that it's not fair on the blogger herself, coz she would want to keep the link up for her own purposes, and not for other people to look at.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home