Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Night shifts suck. They truly do.

Let's see, out of working 4 nights a week, 2 of those nights had MET calls. Gaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Why? Why? Why? And being put in charge!! Gaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! So damn illegal, so illegal!
Night shifts are a lot busier than I thought it would be, on Thursday night, I had a medication or duty to perform every hour, so really I didn't get to sit down at all. I had 1/2 a cup of coffee at around 0230, then the rest of that cup of cold coffee at 0730. Gaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

So had Phil's graduation on Thursday morning, rushed up to Parra, as fast as I could considering the traffic was bumper to bumper. Made it there 10 minutes before the ceremony started. Had lunch with the 'rentals and Phil and I had to get sleep for night shifts again. 6 hours sleep (+ an interruption of a phone call). Gaaahhhh... I was so confused during nights, I was giving handover in the morning and I didn't know whether it was Wednesday or still Tuesday. Gaaaaahhhhh...

So went to see 'Reign Over Me' and 'Shooter' at the Drive-ins on Friday. 'Reign Over Me' is slightly depressing, very dramatic, some amusing bits, a chance for Adam Sandler to show off his dramatic skills. 'Shooter' was good also, surprisingly, not bad.

Tonight I took Phil out for dinner at The Little Snail, and he tried 2 snails! And he had Duck A l'orange, both first times!! So proud! I of course had my usual snails, Duck A l'orange and Sticky date pudding, which I was so full from. And a Cranberrito for me, and Lemon Squashes for Phil. :) Mmmm... cranberrito...

2 more weeks left of ACU! w00t!

Sorry Leach, Phil sends his apologies. He won't be able to make it to your party, he's got his cousin's 21st to go to (which I'm invited to as well, but I'm sending my apologies as well).

2 witty remarks:

  • At 15:36, Blogger Catie said…

    eep, night shifts. they do sound sucky, indeed. but mmm for Little Snail. mmmmmmmm..... I had garlic prawns the other day, similar to garlic snails in a way.

    Never heard of either of those movies. I feel out of touch...

    Have fun adjusting to those shifts!

     
  • At 17:54, Blogger Alicia said…

    Sorry for waking you up this morning! If you wanna chat lemme know when I can call!

    Feel free to wake me up (call my mobile and I'll call you back on the landline so as not to wake my family) if you feel like chatting some morning! :D

    *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home