Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, March 12, 2007

'La Traviata' on Saturday

Well in the end, we went on a double date with Trees and Cameron. Ooooooh so she isn't frigid!!
Sorry if it felt awkward for you and Cameron, Trees. Phil and I, well *shrugs grinningly*

I enjoyed the opera (the parts I heard and paid attention to, mind you it was most of it). 'La Traviata' is about a Parisian courtesan who falls in love with a man, she's dying of TB, she dies eventually in the arms of the man she loves. If curious, follow the plotline of Moulin Rouge.

So we bought a cheese, herb and garlic pullapart from Bakers' Delight. I brought some watermelon and nuts. Trees bought cupcakes and OJ. And I brought blue jelly for Phil and I.

It was getting chilly over the night, even though I kept asking Phil whether he was cold, he just kept his arms around me. lol. Then I insisted on him wearing his jacket and I put my shawl on (the lovely red one from Leachypoo). I know this will sound sappy and you guys will feel nauseous but I love being wrapped in Phil's arms, it's so nice, and warm, and loving. :D


I got some good pics of Trees and Cameron but dammmmmn you lady, you deleted it!

Work wasn't too bad last week, I'm definitely settling into the structure and workload. I still have the train up the TENs under me though. I really, really hate repeating myself for simple things, and sadly I'm not the only one training them up. Arghh... I'll be working late shift til Thursday so I gotta find something for dinner this week. I'm gonna take away some seafood chow mien from the shop up the road, and drop off the ironing at the laundromat. $20 per 15 items, I'm so not bothered doing the ironing, hell yea I've give you $20.

Phil's bday tomorrow, gonna spend the morning with him before work *sighs*

'Hot Fuzz' ****
Very funny, a lot of cameos from the Brit comedians. About a super, overly competent metropolitan cop being transferred out to the country and experiencing the village policing lifestyle. But of course, suspicions and menace lie in the air in this quaint little village... very very funny. I like how they make fun of cliches and it's kinda gruesome on some parts. Definitely recommended! Even better if you have a cop next to you to make jibes at ;)

Recent purchases:
- costume for Cat's 21st - dress, shoes etc.
- a few headbands to keep my fringe out of the way

4 witty remarks:

  • At 16:12, Blogger Catie said…

    Dawwww... Sounds fun. Maybe nausea inducing, but fun. :p
    Yay! You have a costume for my 21st!
    And yay for no ironing. And happy birthday to Phil. :)

     
  • At 21:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, happy birthday to Phil! *waves flag*

    -Leach

     
  • At 23:15, Blogger Minerva said…

    Phil says "Thank you"
    He knows I have a blog but he knows I don't want him reading it. Hehehe, he doesn't have the address.

    Tired, they asked me to work overtime tonight, crazy! Working for 17 hours straight, no way in hell. Even though it's good pay (150% for first 2 hours, 200% every hour thereafter), it's not worth it.

     
  • At 16:12, Blogger Catie said…

    That is alot of work... Man I hate work. I'd so much rather be studying. Am I a nerd?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home