Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, May 12, 2007

WOOOOOHOOOOO I'M OUTTA AGED CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank the Lord! I was having such a crap 2 weeks I'm so glad I don't have to go back next Monday.
All in all, ACU wasn't as bad as first thought. The bullying is still bad, and the backstabbing but all in all, you have to be tough and not take any crap to be a nurse so... "I survived Aged Care and lived to tell about it." I need to get a T-shirt that says that.

Went to Rhinedorf to celebrate, took Phil along with us :)

Tasting platter to share, and garlic bread for Phil (found out he doesn't eat cold cuts).
Berliner Eisbein (boiled pork knuckle with taters and sauerkraut)and Dom Koelsch for Dad
Schweinehaxen (roast pork kuckle with taters)and Schoeffenhofer for bro
Haehnchenschnitzel (chicken schnitzel, taters and salad)and cokes for Phil
and I had a Barossa (huge steak with salty mushroom sauce and roesti)and Koestritzer, mmm... rare steak... yummy...

And I've also had a craving for my infamous steamed treacle pudding and butterscotch sauce for the past 2 weeks. Oooh baby, sooo good... need more, it takes over 2 hours to make and I can demolish it in 30min. Dad had 2 slices before he left to go play Mahjong and he's gonna have some more when he gets home tonight. Mmmm... treacle pudding *bite!* mmm...

Steve's 21st tonight so Phil'll pick me up at 1800. Gotta finish off the pudding and get ready. Mmmm... pudding... and a second one's on the stove so I can take it to the Morrin's tomorrow for lunch. Cheerio!

2 witty remarks:

  • At 17:14, Blogger Alicia said…

    looks ssooooo tasty

     
  • At 17:17, Blogger Catie said…

    Hmmm... German food... Not sure what I think about that... :P Hope you enjoy uyour next ward :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home