Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm on NIGHT SHIFT LADY!

So it means I will be sleeping between the hours of 0900 and 2000. Beware my wrath... I've had one phone call every hour since 1400 and it's not even 1800 yet. And I'm damn bleeding hell awake!! I take comfort in knowing I get to see Phil tomorrow night *sighs*.
So tonight I will be working, then sleeping during Thursday day, then Janene's birthday dinner, then Bourne Ultimatum, then sleeping Friday day, then working, then sleeping Saturday day and working, then sleeping Sunday day, then Church Sunday night. And then I'm back on morning shift on Monday. My roster sucks.

In other news, I got my tax returns back, Thank you Phil for helping me do it! :) I mourn at the fact I will never... ever... get so much back again. So I'm paying (waiting for ME to transfer the money out) off my debt to my parents (you know, do your parents ever bring up the cost of PLC, and then say "no no I don't want you to pay us back" but keep bringing it up again?? Their words and thoughts seem not to match up there).

So the BBQ we had was good, Josh used the recipes from the little BBQ food I lent him. So it was Lamb kofta with babaganoush & pita bread, bbq'd olives, Lebanese chicken (if it was thigh, it would've been juicier though), eggplant & tomato salad. Then for dessert, there was a HUGE bowl of jelly (by yours truly) and cookies & cream cupcakes (also by yours truly, from 500 Cupcakes {thanks Alex!}) , lemon & lime cheesecake (oooh soo good), chocolate Bavarians, ice cream and strawberries.

So Phil and I have sent one engagement present off, yays! I lurve Peter's of Kensington. And I know very dangerous, I have applied for a credit card, AND I still have to activate it. Haven't done it yet.

Okay, have to have dinner now, before I start packing for work. I'll see you guys, maybe at the Rehearsal wedding ;) BTW, how do I make Phil not come to the wedding? Any ideas ladies??

5 witty remarks:

  • At 11:19, Blogger Catie said…

    Breast is better than thigh though, any day.

    Let Phil come to the wedding! Why not? Andrew will be there. Plus other plus ones I'm sure. So what's the problem? Unless you're talking about some other wedding...

     
  • At 22:07, Blogger Alicia said…

    Why wouldn't Phil come to the wedding?

     
  • At 13:23, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well, the boyfriends are invited to the ceremony and not the reception as well. And I don't want him bored out of his mind since I'll be at the back going "Bride or Groom? Bride or Groom?" But the cheeky bugger knows the address and time now anyway so he's coming. I'll be at the church at 1300 by the way.

    Oh oh, does anyone know what's happening for the wedding day transport? Should we carpool? Meet at someone's house like last time. And then get our designated driver *coughTreescough* to drive. BUT, I don't mind driving to the reception, just means I can't drink... okay, maybe a glass at the beginning.

     
  • At 17:11, Blogger trees said…

    how about discussing driving plans on the phone or by email instead of over the blog? i might not have checked this blog (twas lucky that I did) and probably won't check it again before Friday.

    Pun sounds like she's getting to the church early but I've got tutoring so I can't.

     
  • At 17:32, Blogger Catie said…

    I'm getting to the church early too! No idea how things will work with APEC etc. car pool would be good, but I don't think anyone wants to come to Maroubra early. Maybe Ang can give me a lift and collect others along the way? But I don't want to volunteer her, not sure what else she has on that day anyway or whether she'll be coming from maroubra or penrith.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home