Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sorry for the late late post.

I'm usually someone who posts once a week eh? Oops. Well I'd been avoiding the internet til I finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which I did last night at 2200! w00t!!! Meeeeeep!! It was like reading a fanfic, I loved it! So Harry does die in the end, and Harry & Ginny get together *twinkles eyes* and of course Ron & Hermione! So Snape truly was in love with Lily but I didn't guess it would've been from childhood. So they killed off more characters than I thought they did. I was so damn looking forward to Tonks and Remus living happily ever after but NOOOOOOOOOO, Rowling killed off Tonks & Remus, why? Why?! Why?! NOOOOOOOO, and I loved reading their fanfic! So much more to talk about, must do face-to-face with another reader :D
HP & the OoTP ****
Not as dark as I expected, but still dark. We were on a double date with Shelley and Andrew so I kept punching Shelley at all the shippy moments. W00t for Ginny getting jealous and powerful Ginny! Kreacher is quite creepy, and Grimmauld Place is very much a Grim Old Place, so dark, so cold. I wanted to see the young Lily in Snape's worst memory scene, but alas, they must've cut it out. Must buy the dvd in that case. Considering it was the longest book, understandably stuff was cut out. I liked the kittens in the plates in Umbridge's office, anyone else got a sadistic shiver up their spine listening to the kittens meowing and stuck in the plates??
All in all recommended for non- and HP readers. :D

Knocked Up ***1/2
Bloody hilarious! Rude, shocking (well to me anyway), lotsa swearing, but sweet in some moments and actually a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Teaches one about one night stands but such a fairy tale in that everything gets sorted out in the end. Highly recommended for a relaxing movie!

Have to go to Borders to buy a birthday present now, will be having a birthday dinner tonight for one of the church gals. Currently don't feel like food at all, had a bacon & egg sandwich, a mocha, and half a gozleme at the Farmers' Market this morning (at frigging 0830) on a Saturday, I know oh so wrong, I wanna head to Parra before 1030 to buy the gift, I luuuuurve book discounts. Mmmm mmm.

Wedding bells sounding soon! There's an engagement at church, Dave & Jo are engaged and are wedding February 16th next year (coincidentally Phil and I's anniversary), of course I punched Dave in the arm for getting Feb 16th. Dave kept winking and doing the "eh eh *nudgenudge*" to Phil, "Hey I've got it all set up for you, a 5 course meal you don't have to do anything Phil" and "Hey, let's make it a double thing, you can get hitched too". Grrrrr... *barkbarkbark*

Sorry I won't be able to make it for the Kitchen Tea, by the time I get to Ashfield, it'll be 1700, stupid work. But I'll definitely be there for the Hen's night, I've already said to Phil I'm dropping him that night and joining you ladies instead ;)

Work's been going good, I'm enjoying Coronary Care, I'm considering coming back after my 3rd rotation, but that depends if I enjoy Cath Lab more... I do like weekend penalties and late shifts though. Yays for the 4% pay rise this month! Yays! A whole $2 per hour! That's like an extra $16 per day to have pts, pts' families, doctors, hospital staff and lives in our hands! We sooo don't get paid enough, then the taxes... crap, gotta do my tax returns *sigh* I know for a fact I won't be sending any daughters of mine to PLC. Night shift this week, pray I don't kill anyone or let anyone die please :(
Okay gotta go and update this blog. Cheerios and see you ladies soon!

Recent purchases:
- HP & DH
- 2 x 3/4 arm tops
- 1 black dress/pinafore (well not really)
- dark pink cardigan

7 witty remarks:

  • At 10:43, Blogger Minerva said…

    this is so strange, I don'tknow why this post isn't turning up on the homepage.

     
  • At 16:22, Blogger Catie said…

    ooh I thought you would feel like that about the ending. Actually when i read it i thought of you :)
    And I agree, Knocked Up was very fun. Yay!

     
  • At 11:24, Blogger Vivian said…

    Waaah I can't believe it's all over! Oh well, can still wait for the two next movies to come out, but it's not the same...

     
  • At 15:44, Blogger Catie said…

    No, nothing like the same, I eman, you already know what happens in the movies :(
    What a crazy phenomenon Harry Potter is...

     
  • At 17:07, Blogger Catie said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 17:08, Blogger Catie said…

    :p

    are you home any nights this week? Or only wednesday again?

     
  • At 10:58, Blogger Minerva said…

    You mean this week as in the 12th to the 18th or you mean the past week?
    I have Friday 17th to Sunday 19th off. But the 18th is chockablock. 17th is good but it'll have to be from lunch onwards. And well 19th is a Sunday. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home