Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Belated post

Photos are up from the Swissotel High Tea buffet. Thank you ladies for coming I had a wonderful time and thank you for the gifts, you guys know me too well, keeheeheehee.

So I got: 500 cupcakes, Boston Legal season 2, Kaffeehaus, MB Venezuelan dark chocolat, and a Borders voucher, yays!!! Mmmmm... I will be making something out of either 500 cupcakes or Kaffeehaus next time I have 3 days off :D :D

So afterwards, Alex & Leach went home via the QVB, and I bought some more C&E Day cream (coz I have 4 days worth of cream left), and a stop off at Kinokuniya. Where Cat of course bought some books with her vouchers (see sidebar), and myself as well. So I sat down at the cafe and ordered a peppermint tea and had a read through while waiting for Phil to arrive. :D

We decided to walk around a bit before sitting down for dinner, and we meandered over to Kent Street, and I volunteered La Guillotine. Mmmm... French food.
Escargots for the both of us, I had Phil eat escargots!! And garlic bread to dip into the melty buttery garlicky goodness. He ordered Fish of the day, grilled John Dory with salad and pommes frites, and I ordered the Moules Marinieres with pommes frites. And a lemon squash for him and a flat white for me. :D I only took 2 snaps, both of Phil eating snails(better not expose my photo taking meal habits just yet eh?
And for dessert, I got a passionfruit gelati for Phil and headed on back to my house.

Work's been very busy and so has organising this week, I've had dinner at Phil'son Monday, and I cooked for the boys on Tuesday night (my specialty Spiced coucous, Moroccan lamb, onion gravy, snap peas, carrots, cinnamon & brown sugar sweet potato).
So I better finish this post and get ready for work, I have 1 hour to get dinner ready and eat. Cheerio!

Recent purchases:
- Spice notes & recipes by Ian Hemphill
- Homage to Eros: 100 great poems of love & lust, selected by Dannie Abse. OK I know it sounds dodgy but I chose it coz there's little biographies of each poet so it shows a bit of the background and context of the poem.

3 witty remarks:

  • At 15:56, Blogger Catie said…

    And a good day was had by all :)

    mmm... snails...

     
  • At 14:32, Blogger Catie said…

    have you read harry potter yet? did you enjoy the ending?

     
  • At 10:31, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yup yup, just posted a post about it. I love the ending!!! :D :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home