Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, July 06, 2007

A pleasant surprise for my birthday...

Well I worked in the am and rushed home, took a shower and chose what to wear. Meanwhile I was extremely tired with very sore feet. I was half-determined to say to Phil "No. Feet sore. Not going out. Dammit." But alas, I dried my tear-filled eyes, rubbed my face, elevated my screamingly-painful feet, changed the pair of shoes I was gonna wear to some flats and took a one hour nap. Woke up refreshed (with less sore feet) by Phil's call and decided, 'Okay, he's put a lotta effort into this, must not be grumpy.' So he came by and picked me up and off we headed. Just in case you're wondering, no blindfolds nor handcuffs, fluffy or cold hard steel were used in tonight's production.
So he opened the door for me and he drove us down the Hume towards Chullora, past Chullora, towards Strathfield, past Strathfield, towards Burwood, past Burwood and turned left at Malvern Ave. Parked near the gaol and walked towards, yes I almost couldn't believe it myself, Hotel Saravana Bhavan. He took me for INDIAN food for my birthday! I love him so much!
So for his first go at Indian, we got (I chose):
- onion pakoras (served with tomato sauce) - I had to get him something with tomato sauce, I'm not that cruel
- half a Tandoori chicken served with mint chutney - which was too spicy for him!!
- Vegetable kurma - mmmm...
- Butter chicken
- steamed basmati rice for two and a tandoori roti
He got a coke and I got a masala tea. Mmmmmm...
Quite amusing watching him try the Indian food, I think this may be a one off but I loved it nevertheless. :D
So then we drove to Burwood looking for gelati, the cafes that were open don't serve gelati, only ice cream, so we stopped by in a convienence store and grabbed a small gelativo passionfruit tub. So I opened my presents in the car while he gobbled the gelati down: among other things, I got a nurse's watch. Yays!!

So we drove back to my house, and hung around til morning. :D *lovestruck*

Okay, I'll stop making you all puke.

Thank you for the birthday greetings everyone! Thank you Kat, I didn't get to reply to you coz I didn't get to read MMSs til just half an hour ago. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday! Cheerio!

2 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

<< Home