Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

What events have happened this past week?

Phil & I's dinner at Swissotel, mmm... you guys would love it:
- boiled potatoes
- potato soup & lotsa bread rolls and butter
- roesti & raclette - sooo goood
- veal Zurich style - veal pieces with mushrooms in cream sauce
- panfried trout in herb sauce
- pork loin with sauerkraut
- macaroni cheese with apple sauce
- carrots and beans
Then the cold stuff
- butter lettuce
- green bean salad
- beetroot salad
- pasta salad
- cold cuts including pate
- tomato salad
- smoked salmon & horseradish sauce
- steamed salmon pieces

Then dessert...
- chocolate fondue!
- Toblerone mousse
- creme brulee
- fruit platter
- apple strudel with vanilla sauce
- Lindt opera cake
- meringues with cream
- macaroons & Swiss cookies
- chestnut and cream
And more!
Must go next time it comes back to Sydney for lunch!

Double date with Shell & Andrew
W00t! Shell & Phil got their own entrees of escargots. I'm being a wonderful gastronomic influence ;) I had the beef fillet (rare of course) with green peppercorn sauce, Phil and Shell had lamb shanks with ratatouille and mash, Andrew had chicken fillet wrapped in bacon in cream sauce. No wine this time, had to drive home from the train station and then onto Leach's. The lemon meringue pie didn't agree with me though. Had to go trotting to the loo...

Kat's Hen's night
Well Leach and I arrived at wagamama to join them for La Cita. Drinks and dancing yea... sooo... good. I had Pisco Sour, Passion for Pisco and La Cita Iced Tea, Al and I got jipped, our ones didn't taste like Leach's or Angi's. :(
I want more La Cita Iced Tea!!!

Have to go to work in 40 minutes. Sigh, want some more food... oooh I have slices of cake, the sago and various flavoured slices from Helen's cake shop. Mmmm... Taro & Sago cake, mmmm... okay I'm gonna get one now.
Gotta remember to call grandma after I get back from work tonight. Gaaaahh... it's her 80th today.

Recent purchases:
- Return to Paris: Memoir with recipes - Colette Rossant. The sequel to Apricots on the Nile. Can't wait to read, I may bring it to work tonight. Or leave it to night shifts next week.

1 witty remarks:

  • At 14:19, Blogger Catie said…

    mmm... food...

    I have to say Kat's hens night was very fun, I enjoyed it and the pisco sour and the other cocktail I had (it had a strawberry on the side! a strawberry!)
    Also nice to see you pun! I shall see you again some day...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home