Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Congratulations Kat & Dave!!

Well well, one wedding down, 2 more to go. And congrats to Loz who caught the bouquet :D Currently can't get 'Moondance' out of my head, damn I love that song, I tried to madly find 'Moondance' by Van Morrison today at JBhifi, argh, couldn't find it at all, at least not for the money I'd pay.
The ceremony was stunning, tears welling up, Reverend Smith married Kat off *wipes eyes* so beautiful, the bride looked absolutely gorgeous ;) and the bridesmaids looked very elegant and sexy ;) Love the hair ;) And the groom, dawwww... can't wait to get to know him better.
So there are photos up on My photos to check out and reminisce, that's all I'm gonna write about it coz we were all there. I had a wonderful night, hope Kat & Dave have a relaxing honeymoon and lotsa fun as newlyweds :D

My last day at CCU was on Thursday, Shannon and I bought in a tiramisu cake, I bought our NUMs Lindt choccies and the CNEs and staff 2 x 1 metre long tubes of Toblerone, mmm... sooo good. So CCU was a great place to have a rotation and I received a great appraisal, and they'd be happy to have me back after I finish the New Grad Program. Praise God!
So it's Cardiac Catheter Lab on Monday, which means Monday to Friday day shifts. And no on-calls for junior staff, so I lose $300 per month from my paypacket, soooo not cool. But it'll be different, and it means I get Christmas Eve, Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year's off (Yays!), not unless I volunteer to work at CCU or something to bring in the $$$.

YUM CHA @ EAST OCEAN Saturday 22nd September @ 1100
To celebrate my end-of-CCU (i.e. 2/3 of the way through the New Grad Program) as well as teaching Phil the delicacies of Yum Cha. Anybody who wants to help me in this endeavour please rsvp by commenting, phone or email. Help would be appreciated :) Seriously.

Thank you for the birthday gift Viv! I will try out the hand cream when I start at CCL this week :D And Viv, feel free to come over after 1800 on Tuesday to Fridays. Just sms me first ;)

Recent purchases:
- The Best of Mrs. Beeton's Easy Everyday Cooking
- The Best of Mrs. Beeton's Easy Puddings & Desserts
- The Best of Mrs. Beeton's Easy Cakes & Baking
The above books are so quaint, sooo English.
- (free book) The Ballad of Les Darcy - Peter Fitzsimons. Anybody want it?
- Loreena McKennitt - Nights from the Alhambra. I thought this wouldn't be released til Christmas. Yays! You know I love Loreena McKennitt. And so cheap, $32 for 3 discs (2CD + 1DVD)
- La Vie En Rose - Various French artists 30s & 40s. $9 for 2CD. I like.

5 witty remarks:

  • At 10:41, Blogger Catie said…

    Yum Cha! I'm going to say yes, I'll be there, depending on just how well thesis is going though... And haven't asked Andrew yet, but will. I like Yum Cha, haven't been for ages!

     
  • At 11:31, Blogger Kathryn said…

    hi!

    photos look great pun! any chance we can get a copy of them on CD? (and from anyone else who took shots?)

    wow!! i'm married!!! hehe

     
  • At 17:37, Blogger Minerva said…

    Unfortunately I don't have a CD burner, but if you want, I can bring my memory disk over or, I can transfer it onto a flashdrive and bring it over.

    Dave and yourself are invited to the Yum Cha on Saturday 22nd Sept. if you guys are available ;) I didn't want to sms you on your honeymoon ;) ;P

     
  • At 20:05, Blogger Vivian said…

    Sorry again I can't come to yum cha...I'll be at Collaroy conference centre! The hand cream is really really good, they have a lavender version as well, but I think the rose is nicer =)

     
  • At 20:20, Blogger Vivian said…

    Yes, great wedding photos! (esp the ones at the reception taken by me)

    ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home