Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, October 14, 2005

So it was a good night tonight

Rebecca was surprised which is always good for a surprise 70s theme party.
I cooked
- antipasti platter - chargrilled capsicum, eggplant, zucchini
- marinated mushrooms and asparagus
- spiced couscous
- chocolate pecan cake
And also helped out with the cooking when I got to the house.

Soooo much food... also coming home, the chargrilled capsicum started leaking off the plate, outta the bag and onto my skirt, which now consequently smells like chargrilled capsicum. Also had a fun trivia game, which sadly I was the only one who got the last question "What is Macgyver's first name" "..." "..." "Angus." *hides under the table laughing*

Had a good night all in all. Had some wine offered by Josh, and then he continuously took incriminating photos of me drinking the wine. I swear, do I just let people take incriminating photos of me or do I ask for it by actually drinking wine??
*sigh* I have too many incriminating photos. *sigh* lucky other incriminating stuff isn't in print though ;)

And Josh got to see POTO at the West End for FREE!! NOOOOOO! Coz he was staying the the guy who played Buquet's place. And he has a signed programme of the whole cast, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................. *sobbing* Oh why, why, why? The pain, the pain.

In other news, I've got my dental appointment tomorrow at 1130. I wonder if he'll recommend pulling the suckers out. Or leave me eating soft foods, I couldn't eat a steak couple of nights ago *sigh* will find out.

I got my roster for the first 2 weeks of one-month block, and it sucks. I'm on morning shift, then one afternoon then morning shift again. And the 2nd week she was gonna put me on all morning shifts. Are you insane?! I got to change one to afternoon shift and that was the 2nd Thursday. So for the first 2 weeks, 2 afternoon shifts and 8 morning shifts. Bloody hell, and I asked if I could get afternoon shifts as a majority. Ok I understand I have to be buddied up with an RN but no RN would work 5 days straight of morning shifts. Especially on the ward with the most myocardial infarcts (heart attacks) and MET calls, consequently the busiest ward in the hospital, save A&E.

NOTICE:
I'm coming into the city on Tuesday so if anyone wants to do something, tell me. Gotta go to Victoria's Basement, I said I'd buy the hug cups as a Chrissy present.

Current background noise: nil
Current craving: nil
Concurrent webpage: HP fanfic *oh I'm doomed I tell you, doomed*

Recent purchases: nil

Head slightly full feeling possibly due to wine. But that was ages ago, possibly just tired.

2 witty remarks:

  • At 02:48, Blogger Catie said…

    i could have got that! but i was thinking the michael buble version because i am uncultured.

    mmm.... chargrilled capsicum...
    mmm... city on tuesday....
    no, wait, that's not right *scratches head*
    if you wanna do something i'm free after 3 on tuesday, assuming i finish my archaeology prac. before then, and don't get a lift home.
    i have same query as kat as to shifts.
    and HP fanfic? nooooo!!

     
  • At 08:55, Blogger Minerva said…

    Shifts: it's better to split between morning and afternoon shifts during the week.
    Morning: 0700-1530
    Afternoon: 1330-2200
    It's very tiring mentally and physically to wake up at 0500 in the morning and work at 0700 everyday. Morning shift is the busiest out of all and the ward I'll be on has many emergencies (MET [Medical emergency team]calls). Sleepwise, you still sleep the same time, it's not night shift which goes from 2200 to 0700.
    The ideal thing about afternoon shift is that you can still get things done in the morning, like groceries, bank, post office etc. and still come home to sleep, but morning shift doesn't have the time to go to the bank, post office etc.

    Darn it, I was hoping to catch a movie on Tuesday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home