Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, January 13, 2006

I'm an RN! Good God, I'm an RN...

So I registered at uni on Tuesday, spent the entire day of 0915 til 1500 at uni, waiting, waiting, waiting. *Argh* I got there at 0915 and got handed the ticket number 69, people were there at 0800 and got the early 10s, and registration doesn't start til 0930. So now I have a certificate that says I'm an RN under NSW and I need to get meeself a frame. Also I paid extra for a badge that says I'm an RN under the NSW board. Meh.

So, my brother went to Vic's Basement on Wednesday and bought 2 frypans. Unfortunately, they don't have lids so I'd have to use something else for polenta. *Be warned people, polenta spits and splutters and it hurts, always keep polenta covered.

And while he was there, I cut myself accidently in the kitchen. How I did it, you ask?? Well... *looking at the floor ashamedly* you know you get those cordial bottles and they've got the metal caps... *drawing circles on the floor with her toes* well, the metal cap and the ring were fused together... *uh huh* so I used a knife to loosen it... *nodding* and I loosened two sides... but the knife slipped when I was doing another side but it dug into my left index finger instead... *...* So I started bleeding quite nicely so I washed the blood off, put pressure on it, called my brother in which he didn't answer so when he called back, I was already dressed and ready to go to the medical centre. So I walked out to the medical centre, asked the receptionist to boost me up a bit, and the doc came and looked at my cut and waited a bit to cover it up. Luckily didn't need stitches so just Steristrips to keep the skin together and a Primapore over the top. And damn baby, my skin's itchy underneath. Steristrips come off next Wednesday and I'll put an Opsite over the top if it comes off earlier. *sigh* Second day I'm an RN and I'm my first patient. *sigh*

So, for those who've read the survey, you know I'm reading Jane Austen's Guide to Dating, well in fact I've stopped reading it. In fact I can't get past the introduction, it's too painful. I can't, I can't, I can't. It's a self-help book to dating and it makes me nauseous reading it. So if anyone asks if I read it, I have to say the truth and say "Yes, I've read the introduction and the contents, oh yes and did the quiz."

Oh yes, for the 20s party I'll be going to next month. Does anyone know where to get good cocktail hats/fascinators a la Glebe Markets, meh stuff it, I'll force you Lilliputians out with me, that is if the stall is still there.

Current background music: Poozies - Infinite Blue - Neptune
Current craving: breakfast would be good, maybe I'll make some zaru-soba
Concurrent webpage: nil

6 witty remarks:

  • At 00:04, Blogger Minerva said…

    no, don't worry, you're not. I've got the case. well on Saturday, I'll bring my favourite Kate Rusby album to lend to you. :)

    And guess who else has NOT seen Narnia yet, Josh hasn't seen it.

     
  • At 21:41, Blogger Alicia said…

    Oh Oh Oh... I don't know if it's gone, but semisonic - closing time.

    Nice to see this page gets updated :D (evil eyes Viv)

     
  • At 22:45, Blogger Minerva said…

    Leach gets 10 stars! Yays! Where is everyone... I know Viv, Angi, Trees and Leach is alive.

     
  • At 22:47, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh, if Leach hits 100 stars, I'm sending over a few packets of Tim Tams.

     
  • At 17:26, Blogger Ang said…

    I want something cool too! I got 100 already! *pouts*

     
  • At 17:35, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, but what do you want. Toffee apple? Something sweet perhaps??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home