Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ma mamma's back

And she's making me try on clothes and chuck out clothes and all this clothes cleaning is giving me the sniffles, as in the sniffling-need-antihistamine way, not the 'sniff sniff sob sob' way.

Well got some new clothes from HK:
- white skirt (lovely one) which I'll wear to Alex's engagement party. Ooh gotta rsvp, I'll rsvp tomorrow morning.
- also all those damn black cardigans I kept losing in the city, I now have replacements! Yays!! Now I have 2 new ones to lose! I mean try to keep my eye and hands on.
- velvet dark brown skirt, very nice feeling *rubs face against it*
- 2 light long sleeved tops to wear as pj tops, since you know, I don't wear pj bottoms. Yes I like the feeling of the electric blanket frying my leg hairs off instead, saves me the epilating.
- 2 pieces of netting aka shawls

My Christmas present from my parents was a big gold velvet covered, sequinned box with Crabtree and Evelyn stuff. My favourite Lily of the Valley, mmmm... *takes big whiff*. In it comes, bath and shower gel, body lotion, Lily scented candle, a little velvet jewellery purse, a large brooch with green, white and yellow crystals and a bigger bag to hold soaps and lotion and such.
Oh and a pen. Small pen, length of my thumb.

But then again I got some dodgy clothes:
- a very, very, very retro, retro, retro woollen school uniform blue jumper - gahh!!
- some singlet tops which my mum will keep coz, dude, my chest ain't that small. Haha, that reads funny.

Well as people know, Chinese New Year is coming up. Seems like we're staying at home for din-din. Thank God! Gotta go buy the traditional food on Friday, ooh Btown's gonna be busy.

Also, my mum's finally gonna have some Christmas pudding (it was in the fridge and has survived) tomorrow night. I just made a fresh batch of brandy sauce tonight. Mmm... funnily enough, or maybe more worryingly, I spooned some sauce for my mum to try and she said it was really strong of brandy, but I couldn't taste any, it was just all sweet to me...

...

Also mum bought back a load of chocolates, gourmet chocolates which really are very nice. But still I prefer Max Brenner. ;) But still Casa Fondata (I think it's called) are very, very nice. And expensive, and nice.

Also went to Parra today to do some shopping
- brown dress - I like, I like
- olivey green top
- pink top to go with my new white skirt
- black evening bag

This post reads very materialistically

Anyway, people who are up for Valentine's as posted on Spampage, please respond soon coz, really, the credit card really does expire in February.

Current background noise: the beeping sound that goes off on msn during a conversation
Current craving: water, water, water...
Concurrent webpage: Spampage

3 witty remarks:

  • At 21:56, Blogger Catie said…

    oooh, new clothes... and nice chocolates... i like chocolate

    don't know the song, although the lyrics remind me a bit of cheek to cheek, with the arms and charms and everything.

     
  • At 14:13, Blogger Ang said…

    It's definitely Ella Fitzgerald... bugger, I'll get it in a minute.

     
  • At 23:58, Blogger Minerva said…

    Ooooh, you're close, very, very, very close :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home