Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dinner Party on Saturday

Thank you very much for inviting me ladies, I had lots of fun and hope to do it again soon. (Yes I apologise for sounding aggressive in asking "Who else is coming...???" coz I was worried it'd be a "Oh yes Pun, please meet our friend blah blah, he likes gourmet food and long moonlit walks along the beach." So please forgive me for being aggressive. A girl can't be too careful.)

Here's the pics from Saturday night, a special "Hi!" to Bec who creepily reads this blog without me knowing. Please feel free to comment people, makes my life a bit more interesting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Angi pouring Cat's bottle of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Bru Champagne (yum!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Angi garlic-king up bruschetta bread and plating.

Entree of Bruschetta, very very nice ladies, and raw sliced mushrooms dipped in warm garlic butter.

Main courses: tomato fusilli??, pumpkin risotto, pasta carbonara (oooh baby), (not pictured) Greek salad. It was all very nice ladies, and very filling.

For dessert, a specially made for Sam, diabetic brownies with (not pictured) Bulla Lite vanilla ice cream. Drinks were a 1996 Marienberg? Cab Sav. Quite drinkable yes. Yes it was.

And the now infamous Chocolate Fountain (now without extra oil) dippings include apple, banana and strawberries. And an ample glass of Tawny Port. Sooooo full, and a cuppa tea afterwards as well.

Have the Flower Duet from Lakme (by Delibes) stuck in my head, shame I'm not a soprano, (mezzo soprano) but I think I can hit Mallika's notes. I wanna find the music for the duet, 2 sopranos vocal and piano. I think I can order it at Zephyr Music. Hmmm... Coincidentally Opera Australia is putting on Lakme at the Opera House in July (before and after I leave), *sighs* tix cost $194 concession, and the matinees are on while I'm not in the country *sighs again*. It's very strange, I'm going through an opera phase right now. Oh my goodness... I just had a thought... instead of doing something for my 21st, should I go see Lakme?? No no I can't do that, I can't go alone. Doh.

Speaking about that, anyone wanting to see Carmen at Parra on Thursday 24th Aug, please contact me and I'll get extra tix. RSVP next Friday morning.

Black Tie Dinner this Saturday... can I pretend I'm engaged?? I've got a sorta ring... no that's lying. Can I say my man's overseas??? *drifts into dreamland...*

"Yea, my man's on exchange in France right now... uh huh... yea he's a music student, he's a great musician, genius really... mmhmm... yea he likes to think that's how he seduced me, yea with his music *laughs* but no he's very good at it, he's into opera, yea... his name you ask? Oh it's Eric, with a C, uh huh... surname... Leafson. Did I know there's a historical figure called Lief Ericsson?? Noooo... really?"

Recent purchases:
- Good Wives by Louisa May Alcott
- Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott
- Medieval Latin Lyrics - some are quite lovely, one's particularly funny.
- The Betrayal of Arthur by Sara Douglass - funnily enough Cat and I were talking about it today and hello, there it is at the 2nd hand book store, yoink!

6 witty remarks:

  • At 15:32, Blogger Catie said…

    betrayal of arthur very good, i used it for year 11 english and year 12 extension history, so am much indebted to it :D
    haven't read it since studying medieval history, but literary criticisms are interesting and overall good read on arthur history.
    oh, and i bought the plum rain scroll, will lend to anyone interested, is like 'across the nightingale floor' but better by far.

     
  • At 23:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    In Betrayal of Arthur, Douglass mentions that Bradley may over do on the stuffing of every single Arthurian legend into The Mists of Avalon, and that it gets stifling (Oh!) That's my favourite novel she's sorta dissing! but she did mention it was well done and most popular of Arthurian legend novels. ;)

     
  • At 01:12, Blogger Catie said…

    oh oh i wanna know how this black tie dinner went

     
  • At 09:12, Blogger Ang said…

    And if my poor little handbag is ok....

     
  • At 13:04, Blogger Minerva said…

    I promise Angi I will take very good care of your little handbag. I'll treat it like I treat my Stargate DVDs, very lovingly, but even more because it's your bag.

     
  • At 01:55, Blogger Catie said…

    you know, i think i just thought that friday night was saturday night. how confusing.

    how was it now?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home