Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Black Tie Dinner for FEVA

Dinner was held at Ryde Anglican Centre, FEVA is a church for College of Fine Arts, UNSW and UTS's visual art students. The dinner was mainly for old members and staff who have the money to donate towards the church. (This church doesn't get any financial support from the diocese nor any other larger organisations).

So last night was good, unfortunately no photos and I did put a bid down on the silent auction, but alas, they raised the reserve price of the pearl necklaces so I didn't try any more... even though my ebay instincts were kicking in and screaming at me to bid, bid! It was pretty but not that pretty.

So it started around 1900 or so, everybody was dressed lovely-like. I wore my engagement ring which is of course stunningly beautiful. ;) The dinner had a modern Asian theme, there were some beautiful prints done by the FEVA students, stunning, very mod Asian (Belinda bought one of the prints at the end of the night).

I drank around 6 glasses of coconut juice (2 not being my own - 2 of the gals don't drink coconut juice - shock horror!! That's one of my favourite summer drinks) and had another few glasses of sparkling grape juice as well. The lime drink I passed on but Michelle unfortunately got a glass, and didn't finish it.

Entree:
- Asian clear noodles, roast duck and plum sauce salad - can you believe people haven't ever eaten duck??
- or Vietnamese prawn and cabbage salad - not bad, ate a piece of chilli that shocked me a bit

Mains (this was to share):
- Beef rendang
- Mee goreng - nicely done I have to say :)
- Hainan chicken - yum! I finished the dish off
- Stir fried vegies
- Chicken curry - traditional kinda curry, tasted like the ones we make at home
- Prawns (I think) in a sweet and sour sauce - it was quite sweet
- Steamed rice
- Pandan coconut rice

Dessert
- Poached pear in red wine with a dark chocolate ganache sauce - looked very, very nice but alas
- or Ginger and lime creme brulee with a coconut wafer - alright, but I think I woulda risked the pear...

Auctions were good sounding, shame I couldn't afford it. A mountain holiday for 8 including central heating and electric blankets always sounds good to me.
So no sugar-daddies last night, although we did have a good amount of teasing at Michelle about it. So after having full bellies and waiting around a little bit, (the girls went nuts with the digital camera), we all set off home, so I got home round 2340. Not too badder night, $70 well spent.

Recent purchases:
- long sleeved, lacey dark brown bolero - was gonna wear last night, then decided I'll be cold enough as it is
- small George Foreman grill - knocks out fat! - I wanna try it out, let's see what do we have in the fridge... hmmm... baby octopus?? I was thinking of marinating it first... hmmm... garlic, olive oil, basil, chilli, dill? Nah no dill, oregano, hmmm... no marjoram...

9 witty remarks:

  • At 01:12, Blogger Alicia said…

    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Chinese food!!!! I haven't had any since... ... ... Novemember??!?!?!

    (Except Malaysian and what I've 'cooked')

    DDDDDDDDDyyyyyyyiiing for a good Chinese meal... (Not enough to get it while here though!)

     
  • At 01:28, Blogger Catie said…

    :o (at Alicia)

    glad that it was good.
    and awww... i was looking forward to hearing about your new sugar daddy ;p

     
  • At 11:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    Wow, that's a long time without Chinese food... lemme just sprout off some more Chinese dishes to make you hungry.
    - Steamed soy chicken - tender and succulent steamed chicken marinated in soy sauce, rock sugar, cinnamon, star anise and hoisin sauce served with freshly steamed rice
    - San Choi Bow - fresh leaf of iceberg lettuce filled with a fried mince of pork, chicken, mushrooms and bamboo shoots and a dollop of soy and hoisin sauce.
    - Peking Duck - marinated duck in honey, soy sauce, star anise, sliced and served in a soft warm pancake with sliced spring onions, cucumber and hoisin sauce. Yeeeeeaaa baby.

    Yea, no sugar daddies, kinda disgusting for me... since Erik would be very disappointed if I left him, he's a very sensitive and emotional person you know, all maestros are. ;P

     
  • At 16:47, Blogger Catie said…

    he'd probably kill you, the sugar daddy, and a couple of other people just for good measure.

    so much for 'sensitive'. :p

     
  • At 18:48, Blogger Minerva said…

    Erik's moody, clingy, desperate man wanting love and attention... but Eirk would never kill me, he loves me too much to kill me. Sure he's a tad obssessive so it's somewhat flattering in a freakish, stalkerish way...

     
  • At 02:26, Blogger Catie said…

    mmhmm... and i say you're being delusional, and there will be much killing

    sounds so weird, no?

     
  • At 18:49, Blogger Minerva said…

    Doesn't sound too weird, sounds somewhat normal to me.

    I'm not delusional at alllllll...

    ...

    ...

    Erik loves me, he will kill of course, but he won't kill meeeeeeeee...

     
  • At 05:09, Blogger Alicia said…

    Pun! You made me drool (almost) on the keyboard!! Ö

     
  • At 16:31, Blogger Simpson Garce said…

    sildenafil 20 mg for ed for ED lasts about four hours. It reaches peak concentrations in about an hour, so it's best to take it 30 to 60 minutes before sex. It helps to maintain the erection after ejaculation and reduces the refractory time before a second erection can be obtained.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home