Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So many events, so little typing space...

So Carmen was on Thursday night (24th), interesting, very funny looking back on it. Especially the singing and overly exaggerated acting. But hey it's opera and that's how it is. Carmen was good though, Don Jose was also good (it was also very good that he didn't continue stripping, just keep those suspenders on please), Micaela (wow, those notes), but the song which stuck in my head that night would have to be Seguedilla, followed by Habanera.

Great, now I've got "Près des remparts de Séville, Chez mon ami, Lillas Pastia J'irai danser la Séguedille Et boire du Manzanilla. "

And Angi's 21st on Saturday, which was good fun, gathering, seeing different people in costumes. Unfortunately I didn't get to attack people with my camera so we're waiting for other camera wielding people for their photos.
Well just because Angi knows I blog about food and she knows I list everything, here we go:
- roast chicken with stuffing
- garden salad
- salad caprese
- cucumber and tomatoes
- carrot Moroccan? salad
- a delicious spinach dip in a big loaf
- Mars bar slice
- Jarlsberg and camembert? and crackers
- fairy bread!!!
And I had 2 West Coast coolers and a Kilkenny Irish beer. Haven't had one for ages... West Coast coolers that is.
I'm very sorry we didn't get to stay for speeches and cake. At least you got vengeance back coz we didn't get face cake. I hope you had a good night and enjoy your pressies.

So Leach is here right now, and trying to open her textbook CD. Not working it seems.

So at church tonight, submission talk. Definition, relationships of submitting: Jesus to God, children to parents, slaves to masters etc. oh yes and my love/hate relationship with wives to husbands and women in church. Gahhh...
You know, it was a surprise to me, was it last year or the year before? That guys are intimidated, no not the right word, scared, afraid etc. of the Ephesians 5:25

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"

That they're gonna have to do everything, do all the best, die, die, die!! for their spouse, for their family. Not be selfish, self-absorbed, not compromising, prioritise. I really think they're gonna have a tough job. B asked a question tonight to all the girls, "From 1 to 10, how do you feel about submitting to your husband/boyfriend?"
I said "That you'll need a HUGE amount of trust in someone, and also, I haven't met anyone... that I could trust enough." and as Rebecca said, there are things we'd never submit to. Never.
You know humans are flawed, and you can never trust anyone completely because they are human. You'd have to be naive to trust someone completely. Why put yourself up for getting hurt? Yes it's a partnership, yes both will get hurt but every feminist instinct inside of me would be screaming.

As Leach said, some people haven't thought about it coz it doesn't concern them, not in the situation... yet.

3 witty remarks:

  • At 13:58, Blogger Catie said…

    I tried to post a comment but then you delted the post first...

    I was going to say, I enjoyed Carmen too. I am always getting Habanera stuck in my head now. Once briefly it was Toreador, but mostly it's Habanera. The same little bit over and over.

     
  • At 19:53, Blogger Ang said…

    Pfft. My birthday party didn't even merit it's own post. Ha!

    Alas, cruel world/Pun.

     
  • At 20:20, Blogger Minerva said…

    Gee woman, I'm not gonna have a post on MY blog about YOUR birthday party. That's your thing to do on your own blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home