Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, August 14, 2006

Yabs weekend away

Twas good. Only really there for 2 talks, since Michelle and I were cooking during the second.
Sorry I didn't take any random photos but apprently Nemah has one of me in my boots, lovely blue and purple thermal leggings and in half flight (leaping away).

So Katoomba wasn't as cold as I thought it'd be, but I think that's because we spent most of the time in the cottage *shrugs*. I wish we could've had more time outdoors. It's so nice to be in the mountains. I wouldn't have minded going down towards the 3 Sisters. Even if it was a bit cooler.

So the first talk was on Money and Greed (Matt. 5: 19-24). Definitely has things to think about out of that. The material things we have, all those coffees/hot chocs we have but don't need, the coveting of your neighbour (Leachypoo I love you but you make me jealous, bad girl, bad girl *slap slap*). When I start working, 10% tithe, it seems so much a week, but you are giving to the church and in that way, helping the community by supporting the people who work etc.

As I typed before, the second talk Michelle and I mostly missed, twas on Racism. I should talk to B on it, I wanted to pay more attention in that talk. B and I spoke about it before the weekend, about racism and I was telling her my experiences.
It's only more recently that my race has been made more apparent in yabs, as in "Asian" would just be added into the conversation where it's never been before. Am I more sensitive in my dotage? Or is it subtle racism? I don't know. But I guess that's because I think of myself first and foremost a christian, then a woman, then an Australian, then Honky. So my ancestry doesn't even come into mind until someone brings it up. Yes I'm Asian, does that make any difference to my personality? Does that make a difference to myself as an individual?

The third talk was Sunday afternoon on Grace and turning the other cheek (Matt. 5: 38-48). One of the main questions was 'Are we supposed to be doormats?' and 'Should I give the shirt off my back as well as my cloak?' There has to be a point of standing up for yourself surely? You wouldn't stand and be assaulted and you definitely wouldn't allow someone else to be harmed if one could prevent it.

Well for foodies or people who've known I write up about fooood:
Dinner on Saturday was:
- 2 roast lemon, thyme, garlic chickens
- 1 Moroccan roast chicken
- tandoori chicken skewers
- potato and leek bake
- sweet glazed carrots
- green beans with almonds
- sweet corn
- kalamata olives
- crunchy noodle salad
- Caesar salad
- pasta all'arrabbiata
- bread rolls

Got much less sleep than I wanted to, several noises throughout the night, squeaky beds, people in conversations, snoring, strange tapping noises and most of all my blocked yet runny nose, so probably 10hours all up this weekend.
Had a 1 hour nap around 2130 so now I'm up again.

I'll see Cat and Viv today at Hyde Park, if anyone wants to come for a small picnic lunch, feel free to sms me in the morning.

1 witty remarks:

  • At 14:29, Blogger Catie said…

    *hugs*

    sounds good, especially the food. mmm... food...
    'twas nice to see you yesterday, and the fading fig trees, and the winter sunshine. mmmm... sun... I am trying to wear only a t-shirt today but it's getting harder. :(
    definitely come and visit! on a nice beachy day, that'll make it worth your while.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home