Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mado's cafe in Auburn, gooood

My bro and I went out for Turkish last night (after some persuasion). He has a habit of not taking stuff out for dinner and then asking me over and over again what I want for dinner. Then I ask him what he wants for dinner, and it's PONG from there.
So going to Mado Cafe in Auburn. Ordered Kisir, a buckwheat, tomato, spring onions and capsicum salad. Quite salty but nice. And a gourmet dish, Guvec (there's actually an umlaut over the u and cedilla). That is an eggplant, diced lamb, tomato, capsicum dish, very tasty. Both served with freshly baked Turkish bread, mmm... Oh and a chargrilled lamb fillet dish, I forget what it was called (tendency to forget the names I can't pronounce) which was served with some tomatoey rice timbale thing, grilled whole green chilli and tomato, onion, green capsicum salad, which was nice and refreshing. And 2 cups of cay (chah-yee).

I was really looking forward to dondurma and Salep but the freezer wasn't working so I ordered a Kazandibi instead. Which has the texture of SE Asian "gou" desserts. Very sticky, not too sweet, and caramelised with a sprinkling of cinnamon, very nice.
Next time I'm having dondurma.

Yays! Tetsuya's is booked and they're sending the voucher to my house. Thank you everyone for the present. I'm looking forward to it so much! :D :D But Leach can you make it for Nov. 30th? Already booked in for 1900.Like I could take anyone else ;P Well you know I don't wanna, who appreciates food as much as Leach and I??? ;)
Otherwise, I'll call and change the date. Earlier before the 20th? 16th then? 17th? Or the 18th? It's Viv who has youth group on Friday nights yes?

Yays for ramen! Let's go have some! I'm craving some good Jap ramen, not Korean ramen.

So the LPL coordinator called me yesterday, she said my papers were all jumbled up in other paperwork and they hadn't sent it yet. I was getting a bit worried there coz I hadn't received it and I already withdrew from nursecon. So I indeed do have a job later on. But it seems like I'll go into the January intake (considering the Sept 18th rotation seems to be running awfully late).

I've been looking over the old tv series 'Heaven Sword, Dragon Sabre' 1993/4 *sighs* I wanna get it in Canto, shame it's not in production anymore AND it's incomplete, but Kathy Chow is so pretty... and Steve Ma's sooo pretty as well... *sighs* reminiscing of being younger...

Are there any other fashion faux pas? Or perceived faux pas out there? And is it related to Sydney Anglo-Saxon society we live in? It's interesting coz when you look at HK, and then look at Korea, and then the Harajuku district in Tokyo, fashion is so different. Well definitely in the Harajuku district, but the fashion/clothing in Sydney is so dull, so bland, soo... uninteresting. Kinda like our politics, quite conservative. I get teased (friendly) by the regular shop owner we go to in HK for having a very bland clothing taste. Another difference is in Sydney we can do low cut tops, whereas in HK, the men stare. They stare. And it's annoying. And yelling at them in English doesn't help. Meanwhile I haven't seen many women with anything bigger than a B. Considering the plethora of AAs that can be bought in M&S. ;P

Recent purchases:
- green silk dress from Tree of Life - shopping with Mish after the gym, went kinda Tree of Life cwwwazy.
- lilac coloured slip - oops bought the wrong size, gotta go back on Thursday to exchange.
- Keeping Mum dvd - very funny film, kinda dark, okay yea it's dark but it's a funny Brit comedy.

11 witty remarks:

  • At 14:38, Blogger Alicia said…

    Yeah, I saw keeping mum on the plane. It was cool.

    Yes I can make the 30th Nov. I'll be working, but I really shouldn't have to do overtime (me hopes).

    Yay for ramen.

    MMM... Last night we had t-bone steak, today was a bbq sausage lunch, and tonight is lamb chops... mmmm... meat...

     
  • At 20:40, Blogger Minerva said…

    Gahh... are you sure dude? Coz the dinner will last like... 4 hours, and we have an extra $20 to spend ;) Which will probably get us half a sandwich.

    I had steak last night, and zucchini, and yoghurt and blueberries, all blended into one supashake called, "Ughh..."

     
  • At 21:18, Blogger Alicia said…

    steak blended with blueberries... mmm... I can see how that would taste great (not!)

    What do you mean am I sure? Don't tell me that you'd prefer to take *cough* someone else...

    MMMM... 4 hour dinner... What, earlier, like during exams earlier? I don't think so.

     
  • At 22:08, Blogger Minerva said…

    of course I don't wanna take someone else. I dream about taking you Leach. ;)

    So your exams finish on the 20th assuming?

     
  • At 14:53, Blogger Catie said…

    Damn, there goes my chance of a ten course meal.
    :p

    and yes, fashion is boring.

     
  • At 02:17, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yes, well it should be a place where you could take a loved one Cat ;) And Leach is my loved one ;) ;) And I wouldn't want you eyeing my wagyu beef and confit of ocean trout and spatchcock and strawberry shortcake and meringuey thing and... the list goes on.

    *squeals**jumps up and down*

     
  • At 10:40, Blogger Ang said…

    Don't discount that $20, that's probably a coke and a half, and you'll be thirsty.

     
  • At 14:38, Blogger Catie said…

    Are you saying you don't love me? :(


    Or maybe I should say Yay! You have a booking and you get to go eat lots of food! Yay and yum...

     
  • At 14:57, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea but we're getting accompanying wine/drinks with each course so we'll be getting food using that extra $20

     
  • At 15:02, Blogger Catie said…

    Those scurvy sea-dogs who wrote the web site be liars! Arrr

     
  • At 15:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    Liars!!! YARRRRGHHH!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home