Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Part 1 Head coverings

God help me I have incredible control, I held out... and did not yell.
We just read over, discussed, talked about, went off on tangents on 1 Cor 11: 1-16.
Some of the topics discussed:
- ESV, NASB, NIV differences in terms, also in Greek (very interesting)
- in comparison to NIV, ESV uses the term 'wife' instead of 'woman' (I like that very much and to me, makes more sense) also side note to Ephesians where the word 'wife' is used in the original Greek, however when the same word is used in 1Cor, its translation was changed to 'woman'. Hmmmmm... changes the meaning and context muchly.
- christian women are "submissive" to a certain degree to christian men *breathe woman breathe* - depends on what you term submissive, I would never, ever, ever be the husband-wife submissive to any christian man, I'd listen to what they have to say (as you would to any other person), make a judgment and decide whether to agree/disagree/follow through. Just like you would for any other person. Do some women feel more comfortable leaving decisions for men than rather making up their own mind and using their own judgment?? I just don't understand people like that!
- tangent onto homosexuality - NO THERE IS NO GAY GENE - my goodness, you see how the media blows everything up and confuses everyone. And I thought it was old news but apparently not. Are people getting daft? Ok, I'm being harsh now. Here's a controversial question, what do people think of homosexual ministers, practicing their sexuality or not?
- women in preaching/teaching roles in the church - gaaahhh... I'm still very gaaaahhh on that issue.

I'm sure there was more that was spoken about but I was busy keeping my mouth shut and not yelling/scolding/being rude. Also had my head in my arms for a small amount of time giggling. Hehe submission, that's funny.

You know at this rate, I am never gonna marry. Sorry to ruin your hopes of being my bridal sister Cat, no money for you! Or for anyone really coz you know, all the PLC ladies would automatically be sisters (tsi mui).

Body combat tomorrow evening, yays for sweating like a pig in a sauna!

Recent purchases:
- 3 sports bras - really expensive, I can't believe they cost so much, but really needed them... btw Berlei New Legend Underwire is recommended, it's padded at the straps and convertible to action strap which is great but I wish it had padded cups...
- Extras series 1 dvd - still need to watch
- some socks

Side note: Fanfiction.net is currently experiencing heavier than expected traffic and are unable to fulfill your request at this time. My craving for fanfics is, is, is gaaaaahhhhhhh... must move onto siye.

Another side note: anyone want my pituiary gland? Anyone? The change from a mostly sedentary to an active lifestyle has confused my pituitary gland muchly. I'm running late. Anyone wanna swap pituitary glands?Fixed now... Bwhahaha

Another side note: I still haven't taken Trees bra shopping yet. Bwhahahaha, something to look forward to in November! Bwhahahahaha, naah I need some new bras. I love Bendon Body Babe Contour but the straps, 6 out of 7/8 have frayed and getting slightly annoying. But it's so comfy!! Perhaps it's time to move onto balcony or full support ones. Yea, it may be time.

RANT: Why do the girls at church still believe brown and black don't go together? Brown and black is NOT a fashion faux pas. It should be a rich dark brown that goes with black. Perhaps they're white girls so they just can't wear those colours anyway. *shrugs* What do you guys think?

9 witty remarks:

  • At 16:49, Blogger Catie said…

    What do I think? You can wear black and brown together. Uh huh. And I don't want to swap pituitary glands. Anything else from this post is too complicated to discuss in comments. ;)

     
  • At 23:34, Blogger Alicia said…

    Maybe it's good Mel didn't turn up then... :P

    Black and brown = good
    I've always thought so, but I'm aware that I also have the mindset 'they don't go' and end up having arguments with myself that it is actually ok :P

     
  • At 00:48, Blogger Minerva said…

    I know eh? It's like saying my hair doesn't go with my tops, skirts or shoes. Crazy people, move on with the times ladies, move on with the times.

    Oh but this is such a fun yet frustrating topic.

     
  • At 16:30, Blogger Ang said…

    I don't know, it definitely depends on the brown (and the texture of the black)often it IS bad, though, just like black and navy together. Sometimes it works, sometimes it's a crime.

    Maybe I don't count on account of not being religious, but I don't see why you wouldn't let women and homosexual people be preachers. Seems harsh, really.

     
  • At 17:05, Blogger Vivian said…

    Argh, too much info Pun!

    Yeah I agree that it depends on the texture/shade of the black or brown...

     
  • At 17:13, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea, but they think any brown with black. *grumps* I like my browns... move on with the times people, move on. But my browns are dark, chocolatey coloured, and velvety. Meh, dare I say it, I'm gonna follow The Gap and Trinny & Susannah on this.

    And Angi, on account of you being non-religious. You wouldn't understand the principles. It's not being harsh, yea it's not your beliefs.

     
  • At 17:20, Blogger Minerva said…

    Which part's too much info Viv?? Which part? Which part?! :P

     
  • At 12:09, Blogger Minerva said…

    J, you scared the crap outta me commenting up, not that I'm discouraging you.

    And Viv, in that case, yes possibly too much info, but you know how I don't like to censor myself.

     
  • At 16:44, Blogger Ang said…

    *makes conscious effort not to be offended*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home