Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Friday, September 29, 2006

My bro's going away for the weekend! Wooohooo!!

The house to myself! And the cellar to myself!! Even better!! Lounging around in underwear sounds good to me. And doing some cleanup and packing the winter clothes back into the garage, and taking out the summer ones. Actually, I'm looking forward to just lounging around in my underwear. Oh yea... is the SMH coming out on Monday?

So I woke up too late to go see the doctor today. My knee's not as uncomfortable as it was yesterday or the day before, so perhaps I'll wait til Tuesday.

Let us eat cake day!
Met up with Trees earlier to go DJ bridal registry-ing. Also debunked her theory on "more of a bargain" thing.No woman, you are trying to save the money, not give away more *shakes head*
Then we headed to 85 deg. for cake. Such as:
- Coffee brulee - the cream was a bit on the frozen side, was it supposed to be like that??? I liked the creamy toffee covered nuts though, very nice.
- Boston - very light sponge and creamy, light textured cream. Crunchy nuts add a good texture
- Iced Ovaltine was overly sweet, but then again I never add sugar to chocolate so it could be my tastebuds' preference.
Lena and Jam joined us, then Angi, Leach and Shilpa! Ordered cakes such as Chocolate Napoleon, Chocolate Boston and Strawberry Cardina. All looked very nice but standing on George St eating cake didn't seem favourable to more-cake-eating.

After that was a short stint in Kinokuniya, looking at manga, humour books, a glance at the French cookery books. And a head down to JBhifi to find some cds and dvds.

Then Cat joined us after a hard day at work, and Leach went off to her free dinner ;) We went to Ichiban boshi upstairs across from Kinokuniya. A very busy place and very popular it seems. Served by Japanese peeps instead of the usual Koreans or Chinese. Green rice tea, cokes, fantas, and a cappuccino. And chashu ramen, sukiyaki, ebi-don, karaage cheese curry, tonkatsu don and an okonomiyaki to share. Next time remind me to get toppings with my ramen, just meat, some chopped spring onion and ramen makes one feel like vegies...

So after dinner, we split ways and headed on home after that. I wouldn't have minded watching The Devil Wears Prada but my eyeballs were hurting and I had a headache coming home, I'd been wearing my glasses for a very long time and my head wasn't taking it well.

Got home 'round 2130 (other than the Carlingford-Clyde line, the Liverpool line is the suckiest in the entire Cityrail system). I was chatting to the Cityrail officer for 30min at Lidcombe station after I just missed the LPL train home.

Then I didn't get to sleep til around 0400 after dad asked me to redeem Krisflyer miles for him online. I ask you, if he had the time to write an email to me (15min) and give me all his details (AEST0100), surely it would have been easier for him to do it himself???? I had to call him to clear stuff up and didn't get off the phone til AEST0230. Mum and Dad are currently taking a holiday in Shanghai and popping to Suzhou as well. Coincidentally so is Josh.

Me: "Oh yea Dad go to the Sex Museum!"
Dad: *sniggers* "Yea, we'll see if there's time, it's a tour"
Me: "Oh but daaad, you'll love it!"
Dad: "Well I can't take photos anyway"
Me: "Yea I know that, bring me back a souvenir booklet."
Both: *snigger*
You know how dads usually have dad humour, why do my dad and I share dirty jokes??

Recent purchases:
- Sandrine - Dark Fades Into The Light - previously of 'Trigger' fame. I like her music, it's very relaxing and listen to anytime kinda thing.

9 witty remarks:

  • At 14:39, Blogger Mel said…

    Hi Pun,

    The cake shop sounds delicious. How was the sukiyaki? Did it have chrysatheum leaves in it?

     
  • At 23:07, Blogger Minerva said…

    Heya Mel, I wouldn't know, Lena had the sukiyaki. I tend not to eat anything with -yaki on the end. Except for the okinomi-yaki. Also didn't feel like eating all that meat...

     
  • At 14:22, Blogger Catie said…

    bridal registrying???

     
  • At 16:00, Blogger Minerva said…

    No, not Alex's ;) Trees' and Grace's church buddy? Or was it family friend?

     
  • At 17:30, Blogger Ang said…

    Aw man, the " tend not to eat anything with -yaki on the end" conversation ended. And I wanted to saw "Me neither, it's yaki"
    or "yucky" I hadn't decided yet. But now it's too late. Waily waily waily.

     
  • At 21:57, Blogger Alicia said…

    I read "No, not Alex's ;) Trees' and "

    and was like what??!? *continued reading* oh...

    Bwahaha... *runs away*

    Hey Mel! Wow, that's totally weird you read this blog.

     
  • At 00:37, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yea I was thinking about the -yaki part whilst typing the comment up, but I thought if I made that joke, I'd push my own head into the wall, let alone anyone else's. And Leach would probably run away... cackling.

    Yea I know eh?? It's kinda like Telstra listening in on our PLC phone conversations, oh yea yea, remember that time when you guys called me and I had no idea Leach was on the other end of that 3 way, then Britney Spears started playing, and I thought "Trees doesn't listen to Britney Spears, and she's not even in Kinross"

     
  • At 00:39, Blogger Alicia said…

    I luuuuurrrvvee rock and roll... *strangle strangle*

     
  • At 00:56, Blogger Minerva said…

    *shivers* sooo creepy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home