Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

So Shilpa IS alive

I'm soooo gonna kick her butt, especially when she didn't rsvp to anything, even though she got the invites. Grrr... *picks up spikey boots* At least there's a new address now and number (same address that I found whilst on whitepages and was contemplating calling).

My computer's running very slowly coz my brother decided to download over 20GB of stuff off the net. ARGH!! So I can't even load up mugglenet or gaters. Grrr... another 4 days of slower than 56k speed.

Have decided to read up on all the chapters of books (which I was supposed to read over 3 years) and do some newer reading before starting in January. Well I handed in the paperwork to LPL yesterday, mind you they sent it a month late so I felt rightly justified in handing in my stuff 2 days late. So the 8th of January, I'll be a full time working woman, at the ripe old age of 21. Although I have to ask Karen about the Salary Packaging and Super stuff, and tax claims for nurses and such. I need an accountant. Maybe I'll hire Shilpa as my accountant. Only if I can get into contact with her. LOL.It's the reality of working sinking in, the transition into adulthood, graduating from uni, starting a job, driving a car, scrambling...
Well anyone wanna try 85 degrees cake shop on George St. As it was posted up on Grab Your Fork (cake lovers beware of drooling from own mouth), $2 a slice of cake til the 8th October, normally $3.80. I should buy like 2 dozen slices and just head up to your office Trees ;)

Well holidays for you guys now, Leach I still gotta get you your Ps, dunno when that'd be... I'm not doing anything on Thursday if you're not doing anything or in Melbourne yet. Could also do ramen if possible. Did I mention cake??

Tis getting chillier now in comparison to Sunday's 34 degrees in Liverpool. Gaaahhh... and now it's what, 20C?

Mish and I were talking about bridemaids' and matron of Honour dresses on Friday (no not the entire day). So Cat, Leach, Viv, Trees ;) you wanna wear this for my wedding? Can anyone ever look bad in corset? I can't think of anyone looking bad in a corset, of course it'd be stifling and uncomfortable and rib-breakable ;)

Recent purchases:
- black witchy kinda dress from TOL - I look kinda pregnant, if I inhale enough I look like I have another 5 months to go.
- 50 great curries of India by Camellia Panjabi - most of the time I walk out of Borders empty handed but not last week. Not badda book, explains some stuff I've always wanted to know about Indian cookery and would've taken years for me to learn on my own (especially without a gran or mother to teach).

8 witty remarks:

  • At 15:57, Blogger Catie said…

    i'd wear it! yay! how fun would that be? painful, mind you, but pretty awesome all the same. i like the burgundy better.

    oh, and cheap cake? pick me! pick me! i like cake muchly indeedy.

     
  • At 17:14, Blogger Ang said…

    Well, Cat, Viv, Leach and Trees would all look good in that, I'd think, but not necessarily everybody. Also, why just them? I wanna pretty dress too. *sulks*

     
  • At 22:40, Blogger Alicia said…

    And when's your wedding eh eh eh?
    *nudge nudge* (scramble all you like girl)

     
  • At 00:24, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well Angi hon, you can wear this ;)
    http://www.galleryserpentine.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=129
    plus a black widow skirt of course ;)

    And Leach, I am not a girl, I am a woman. ;)

    Treeees: secret msgs are supposed to be secret, took me ages to find the code... *looks sheepy*

     
  • At 10:47, Blogger Ang said…

    Hmmm... But I want the pinstripe Venetia outfit, I think. Or Widon in Scarlet. Patent leather and PVC can be so unflattering.

     
  • At 00:52, Blogger Minerva said…

    lol just in case you get a PVC easy-to-clean, degrading-to-the-largest-health-workforce-in-Australia nursing costume, for my honeymoon :P

     
  • At 13:34, Blogger Catie said…

    oh no! spammers!

     
  • At 16:16, Blogger Minerva said…

    Yep. Just deleted the 3 offending comments. Why oh why oh why?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home