Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, July 04, 2005

So full...

I'm thinking maybe I should stop putting up songs til more people actually get back. Otherwise I'd be tempted to put up folk and Dixie Chick songs so only one person would get it. Ok, this will be the last one for awhile.

Thank you everyone who wished me a happy birthday *virtual hugs to all*

Unfortunately Rhinedorf wasn't open tonight! So I didn't get to have German food *starts to bawl* ah well. We drove past looking for a parking spot (and apparently it's still a clearway around 1830) and the lights weren't on, so instead we went for Japanese. Dad was suggesting Peking duck but I insisted on having it with you guys some time down the track.

So at Japanese we had:
- sashimi
- grilled ox tongue
- rolled beef with spring onions
- seaweed salad
- unagi oshi-sushi
- tempura mix
- deep fried soft shell crab
- agedashi tofu
- miso soup and rice
- and green tea ice cream! Yum!

Still not the stein of pilsner I wanted but good replacement. Came home very stuffed, and positively absolutely about to chuck with the amount of food in.

Other news, dad's leaving tomorrow at 1500. So that means no more rides to church and shopping. Still gotta buy 1/2 dozen bottles of Sangiovese. I called the Stanmore vintage cellars and they said they didn't have any in. But I put an order form in and hopefully they'll call by Friday so I can pick it up before the 20% off ends.

I feel like making waffles tomorrow, should I make waffles tomorrow? I need to use up the rest of the flour in the house so I have some options:
- scones
- fat rascals
- pound cake
- waffles
- soda bread

Cat, do you want some scones sometime during the week? Or waffles? Anyone else?

2 witty remarks:

  • At 12:19, Blogger Minerva said…

    yay! trees wins! No you're not sad, I was a big fan of Shakira before she turned to the English scene. My favourite songs of hers is Tu and Octavo Dia.

    A fat rascal is a kinda bun/scone from Yorkshire. It's basically a scone with currants in it. Very yummy!

     
  • At 15:44, Blogger Catie said…

    ooh, scones... oooh,scones and waffles... sounds good to me!
    glad you had a good birthday, with japanese food,mmm....
    you're not sad trees, i knew that song, and I couldn't possible be called sad, right? although maybe i wouldn't have been been able to remember the title. hmm...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home