Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Monday, February 06, 2006

Sooo... my mum's leaving today (6th)... (edit)

My mum took me on a driving lesson today. I decided to just drive around my suburb for an hour coz I've never driven the Audi before. I really, really need someone to teach me how to park. My brother's refused to teach me how to park and I have zilch money for driving lessons. And yet he's a prat at me saying "Get your bloody licence." Yea, love brothers eh?

So we went to the fish markets today, we got the big lobster platter, half a lobster mornay, bbq octopus, calamari, 4 king prawns and chips. Also got 1 doz. oysters, half Pacific and half Sydney Rock. Oh and also 1L freshly squeezed orange juice, mmmm... and consequently bought another 2L to take home. We had to sit in the park coz there was absolutely no room at the Fish Markets. So headed over, sat down and ate. Very, very yummy.

So came by Strath and dropped off in Dan Murphys. We got this lovely wine (currently drinking) and 2 bottles of Dogajolo 2004, some Tuscan wine, which is apparently very good with full flavoured dishes. So I'm thinking of making some puttanesca or ragu of some sort to go with it. I think I won't be bringing it to Val's day coz I wanna try it first and see. I think perhaps a bottle of sparkling wine or champers would do good for Val's Day, dontcha think?

Things to do by say Thursday:
- call Commonwealth bank to give me student privileges
- buy a 21st birthday gift for Mish (well not by Thursday)
- Dental appointment Wednesday: bring NIB card
- Enrol at uni: I keep forgetting that I have to reenrol to do Hons, coz technically I've graduated. Bring tax file # - done
- Call Wong's mum to tell her not to buy a train ticket for the 25th - done

Current noise background: my wittle fan, my mum talking to my bro, Lethal Weapon 4
Current craving: water
Currently consuming: Baileys 1998 Shiraz - not bad, not bad at all, needs at least an hour to aerate though to make it extra smooth. ;)
Concurrent webpage: ff and this is spam

Recent purchases: (I have a love-hate relationship with my mum's credit card)
Quite a few books on my booklist
- Old Wives' Tales: Fact of fiction - has already broken some old wives' tales which I found very amusing, and some quite true.
- The Blind Assassin - I decided to get another copy coz I figure I'd never see my first copy again
- Eve: Sex, childbirth and motherhood - currently reading, very informative and will gross some people out. Guranteed.
- The Serpent and the Moon - I haven't read it yet but it's definitely after I finish Old Wives' Tales
- Charlemagnes' Tablecloth - after I finish Eve. ;)

Edit:
I enrolled today, my bro and I drove to Parra, got told that EVERYONE now enrols at Werrington campus (bastards). So we had to drive all the way out to Penrith. Finished enrolling at around 1545. Decided to get some breakfast, SOS-ed Angi for places to eat in Penrith, decided to go to Parra instead. I had stir fried beef rice noodles for breakfast at 1630 today. Currently feeling very bloated and kinda greeeeased out, ugggh... Will endeavour to eat less fatty food next time.

Today's purchases:
- Like water for chocolate - Cat has convinced me ;)
- Procedures for Nurse Practitioners - you know, bedtime reading ;)

5 witty remarks:

  • At 02:53, Blogger Alicia said…

    What's with the Disney trend? Oh, well, at least it means i'll know it... Ah, reminds me of working at the capitol...

    The lion king
    Can you feel the love tonight?
    Timone and Pumba!

    Is that how you spell their names?
    I love when they burst into tears and Timone's are like a waterfall!

    Bwahaha Pun changing her posts at midnight gives me and me alone a whole day before anyone else comes on!!

     
  • At 02:55, Blogger Alicia said…

    Oh, so NOW it gives me a 5 letter word verification...

    I haven't tried native scottish oysters yet by the way...

     
  • At 03:17, Blogger Minerva said…

    well dude, you have to try some native Scottish oysters ;)
    And tell us allll about it. ;)

    Timon & Pumbaa, yea I know, I'm going through a Disney trend, but people didn't get the song 2 posts before... *nudge nudge* twas also Disney and one of my favourites when I was a kid. Will repost it soon.

    You know, at this rate, Tim Tams are coming quite quickly. ;)

     
  • At 12:07, Blogger Catie said…

    it was disney??? i was stuck myself...

    i just want to say, why are you erading more about sex, childbirth and motherhood? Why?!?!?
    There goes all our dinner time conversations.

     
  • At 02:39, Blogger Minerva said…

    Well actually it's a very interesting book, and very expensive (darnit) for its size. *grumble*

    But it's very informative, goes through the things midwives would've done throughout history in childbirth, the perspectives, the history effecting childbirth and motherhood. Very interesting all in all. At least it places confidence in modern midwives rather than the ones, say 200 years ago. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home