Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day

Soo... if anyone wants to see a few photos, they're up on My photos.

Anyways, Cat, Viv and I went to La Renaissance for afternoon tea. There didn't seem to be as many cakes as there were before. Possibly because it was nearing 1600. So Viv and Cat had cappuccinos and each a Mousse Picasso?? and apple cake respectively. I had an iced tea and creme brulee. Mmm... also bought a Mousse Van Gogh cake for dessert at the moonlight.

So we walked about a bit and took the 380 to Oxford St. Went and bought a bottle of sparkling wine, a Portugese chicken, and a gigantic dolmade for myself. Met up with Kat just before heading into the park.
Saw Trees coming out from amongst the Trees while she was on the phone with what's-his-face and then she told us about how frustrated and stressed she was trying to get in and manoeuver her way around Centennial Park.
Had settled down after the longest line I'd ever seen, on the left side of the screen. Hired 3 beanbags, ate pasta bean salad, chicken, carrot sticks, corn, Turkish bread and sundried tomato dip and then the absolutely delicious Mousse Van Gogh for dessert. Drank Buck's Fizz and orange mango and apple peach juice.

Match Point the movie, quite dark, about an ambitious man who gets caught up in the upper class rich world of London. Uses his wife, has an affair, mainly likes and does anything to live comfortably. It leaves you with the same feeling as watching The Talented Mr. Ripley for the first time, an icky feeling, guilty, slight disgust. I swear, Woody Allen's movies are getting darker and darker as he gets older. But JRM is soooo pretty, yes he is.

So after an interesting ride home a la Anzac Bridge ;) we had some more melted cake and all went to talksy, then schleepsie poo.

So currently Cat is at my house for dinner, I think it's steak tonight, with scalloped potatoes, carrots, corn, salad. Now I have to catch up on ff...

Current noise background: Bondi Rescue
Current craving: nothing really
Concurrent webpage: HP ff

7 witty remarks:

  • At 02:22, Blogger Alicia said…

    Oy! Pun! Saying what's-his-face is quite rude...

    mmmm food...

    I was thinking I should try and find a course to learn how to make cornish pasties while here... And haggis while at it (which is slightly more appropriate for Scotland)

     
  • At 17:19, Blogger Catie said…

    i don't think she said it did...

    cornish pasties are sooo nice.. go to mousehole again and eat one for me :) hehehehe

    'twas a good valentines day

     
  • At 17:57, Blogger Minerva said…

    No, no, what's-his-face is a private joke between Trees and I ;)

    CORNISH PASTIES!!!!! AND HAAAAAGGGIIISS!!! YUMMMY!! Soooo jealous...

    Now as I said on Viv's blog, it's the character who's immoral and quite Talented-Mr.-Ripley-ish. NOT THE ACTOR! The actor being pretty is just pretty. But yes, the movie really does have the Talented-Mr.-Ripley feel to it, but I have to say, I don't feel quite as dirty as when I walked out of the cinema from TMr.R.

     
  • At 23:31, Blogger Alicia said…

    OH, I saw the leaf top in V day photos :D

     
  • At 12:58, Blogger Catie said…

    yay! aint it pretty? :D

     
  • At 18:17, Blogger Vivian said…

    Hrmmm....does agreeing to playing roles like that make you almost just as immoral?

    Oh and if you're interested in little details, it was Cat who had the apple cake and me who had the mousse picasso, not the other way round =)

     
  • At 00:05, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh yes you are right, I thought I typed "Viv and Cat..." instead I wrote "Cat and Viv"

    Hehehe

     

Post a Comment

<< Home