Spun in jam

REVAMPED. Musings out loud. To the attempting to focus on food and drink blog, http://www.spuninmorejam.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Belly dancing on Friday

Niiiiiice, there's a trial class running on Friday night, soooo looking forward to it. Yes, will show Trees some moves coz she sooo wants to see them yes?? And finally, I can make some use out of the coin belt which has been sitting forlornly in my cupboard for 3 years.
I seriously need to see someone for this stupid (L) knee. Cracks muchly. Getting somewhat worried. Suspect cartilage issue, more so lack of cartilage issue.

In other random wiki searching, my ancestors (as in waaaay, waaay back) are from Inner Mongolia. By tracing our surname Pan (in Mandarin) so we migrated to Guangdong province at the very least 500 years ago (I think it was) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_surname
Kwong is from the Guangdong province ;) But unfortunately since I don't read Chinese or know you ladies' surnames in character, I didn't get the province your ancestors were from. I couldn't find Au, Tse, Tong or even Croaker!!

GOOD FOOD MONTH!!
October is good food month! Yays! http://www.gfm.smh.com.au/Sadly, I'm only putting up what could be in our budget

  • Night Noodle Markets - Hyde Park, various dates - $7 and up per plate - Asian and 'Asian-inspired' that is the funniest euphemism for crap I've ever heard
  • Sydney Food & Wine Fair - Hyde Park, Sat 28 - food/drink vouchers $2.50-10 - over 100 stalls to raise money for AIDS Trust of Australia
  • Sugar Hit - various Sydney hotels do selected desserts 2100-2300. $15 for dessert plus Brown Brothers' Dessert Wine OR Dewar's 12y.o. Scotch Whisky - Sofitel Wentworth and Four Seasons doesn't sound bad btw
  • Stick Drinks - Shangri-La, Thu 19/Thu 26 1800-2000 $35 - learn to make muddled cocktails, bring home your own schtick; canapes provided as well ;)
OKTOBERFEST - Prost! I heard the German-Austrian Society's Schwarzwald Restaurant does great German food, good in quality and amount, that's in Cabra btw. Darn they only do Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays http://www.germanaustriansoc.com.au/

Gonna go bra shopping tomorrow. ;) Oh Treeeeees, I'm going while sales are on for Bendon :D Also gotta pick up some ProActiv for Mish, my Enigma CD from JBhifi and check if Little Britain 3 is out yet. Gonna wanna watch it on Friday if possible with gals from church.

BTW what do you guys have as the feast at Mid-Autumn Moon Festival? I completely forgot what we have, I keep getting confused between NY food and this one.

Recent purchases:
- 1 black workout pants
- 1 pink workout top

6 witty remarks:

  • At 10:39, Blogger Alicia said…

    Oooh, belly dancing...

    Yay oktoberfest...

    mmmmmm... food...

    (Ummm. We don't follow the chinese festivals except NY.)

     
  • At 18:04, Blogger Catie said…

    I went to an oktoberfest already. It was in fairfield. They had steins. and poffertjes! yummy! Also an overabundance of German music, and mexicans lip-synching. Odd.

    Anyway, yay food!

     
  • At 19:05, Blogger Minerva said…

    Oh darn, that was the one in Prairiewood over the weekend. I knew I missed something.

    Yea, I was just thinking, there's no official food for the mid-autumn festival save mooncakes. You don't eat mooncakes Leach??

     
  • At 11:05, Blogger Catie said…

    ewww... mooncakes. i ate one once, i thought it looked nice, and it was free. never again! :p

     
  • At 12:15, Blogger Minerva said…

    Was it from me or from someone else?
    Maybe you had a nasty one? There are over 200 varieties of mooncakes to eat. My brother accidentally bought dried fruit and nuts one, gaahhh disgusting. We stick to our Wing Wah Lotus seed paste with 2 egg yolks from HK (of course being from HK, we eat Wing Wah)

     
  • At 17:42, Blogger Alicia said…

    I had a bit of moon cake the other day... We occasionally get moon cakes on the moon cake festival, but it's not a must...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home